• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot Selection Question

pm1835

Hello Air Warriors!
I am currently a junior at a liberal arts college (political science major) and I am interested in joining the Navy after college to become a fighter pilot; however, I have several questions regarding the selection process. I am still learning about the process so please don't shit on me if I don't know something/am not accurate with my statements.

1st question: Assuming a do very well on all of the ASTB (7-9), will I know that I will receive a pilot slot before going to OCS?
2nd question: I also have ADHD and have been on medication to treat it. I am aware that in the past, this has been an automatic disqualifier but it seems as if the Navy has become more lenient. What is the Navy's policy towards individuals who have ADHD and have used medication to treat it? and is it still possible to become a pilot?

Looking forward to the responses!

I am pretty sure you have to prove via medical records that it has been at least three years since you last used ADHD meds.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
2nd question: I also have ADHD and have been on medication to treat it. I am aware that in the past, this has been an automatic disqualifier but it seems as if the Navy has become more lenient. What is the Navy's policy towards individuals who have ADHD and have used medication to treat it? and is it still possible to become a pilot?

The buck stops here. Current ADD or ADHD to include medication is disqualifying.

Best of luck elsewhere.

njrecc

I read that you can receive a waiver if you go through the steps outlined on page 5. Is this true?
https://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc/nami/arwg/Documents/WaiverGuide/14_Psychiatry.pdf
Was just at my recruiter's office this morning getting stuff ready and he specifically asked about ADHD and said the Navy is pretty serious about it. I've never had an issue so we passed over it, but he said they want to go into great detail and you have to provide quite of bit of medical history if you have had that in the past.