• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pointy noses in Davis Monthan

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Interesting to note how many of the F-18's appear to have been agressors.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting to note how many of the F-18's appear to have been agressors.

Desert paint scheme doesn't denote an agressor squadron/jet, but the red star probably does.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
BOOT HILL ....
texas281smallic7.jpg

texas285smalluh0.jpg

texas280smallsd6.jpg

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw some A6s in that Boot Hill photo. Are those aircraft parts interchangeable with EA-6Bs, and if so are there cannibalization teams that make visits to AMARC?

I know we've made some visits for some hard to find parts.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw some A6s in that Boot Hill photo. Are those aircraft parts interchangeable with EA-6Bs, and if so are there cannibalization teams that make visits to AMARC?

Some of the parts are compatible, but most are not. I know squadrons have cannibalized some hydraulic lines from the A-6 pig on a stick at NASWI and some other stuff from the one at El Centro.

Brett

Pugs

Back from the range
None

Not many parts are interchangable between the two. Lots of differences in the wings, gear, engines, basic stuff is Navy, TACANS some of the instruments and such. Smithsonian had an A-6 in a bag at the end of our hangar for a long time and if it had been useful it would have been empty when they came to get it. :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I saw some A6s in that Boot Hill photo......

Here's some more ... a couple of long lines of A-6's among the others that I know and revere .... truly sad ... when I visited there @ middle 2004, they were chopping up the last of the Korean War birds and some from the early
60's ...

texas284smallmj6.jpg

gaetabob

pilot
Is your average joe is allowed to retrieve aircraft from AMARC if the aircraft is up for chopping (i.e. for personal collection)?

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Besides, it's a real bitch finding a U-Haul trailer big enough to tow a jet.

Old NFO

None
There are also Navy F-111's in there (12 if I remember correctly...):D
The P-3 community is pulling P-3A's out of DM and rebuilding them as they are lower time (per airframe) than most of the current fleet.
r,
jim