• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Public Affairs Reserve Officer Questions

ecrosier

Hello, all. I am interested in applying to be a Navy Reserve Public Affairs Officer.

I looked into active duty a few years back when I was first graduating with my bachelors, so I'm a little familiar with all this... but not too much. Back then I was a little confused because a recruiter I spoke with said that PAOs attended OIS and not OCS. Which one is it? And is this only for the active duty component or would this also be a path for a reservist who's not directly commissioned?

I would like to apply for a DCO slot, as I think my civilian credentials (including a masters degree in telecommunications and TV show hosting experience) are sufficient. Are there any sites where I can find information regarding acceptance rates, dates, quotas, etc?

I am 29 and have brief military experience in the AF. My understanding is that priors have anywhere from a 2 to 6 year commitment...?

Also, I'm not totally familiar with the reserve system. My civilian job lends itself to a lot of location changes around the country. If I was to be accepted into the reserves, would I need to stay with one station?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!