• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve Intel Officer mentor request

Tridddee

I am going through the motions of putting the uniform back on. Served as an MA2 until my end of contract in 2018. After a good development break, I have decided to continue my commitment and try my hand as an officer. Besides my military service, I worked as a civilian for DIA for 8 years, completed DCAC, obtained certification as an SSO, (CDSE) and Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (CDSE). Currently I am a GS14 1811 and have a MBA and Bachelor's in psychology. My recruiter suggested I find a mentor to assist in my journey as I begin this process. Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Welcome. You seem like a strong candidate. There are quite a few 1811s in the 1835 community. Recommend you visit the DIA Navy Element in the building, set up an in-call with the XO, and ask him/her to put you in touch with any reserve intel officers. There are always a bunch of 1835s on ADOS there at any given time. Navy Element has the list.

Tridddee

Thank you for your reply Hair Warrior! Awesome name by the way. Great suggestion, I am no longer at DIA, but can try to reach back. It is also very motivating to hear that quite a few 1811s are in the 1935 community. Thank you again.