• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Southwest is off the sauce!!!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Read the policy before you flip out

Concur, just more "Right Spirit" rhetoric. A DUI already results in suspension of on-base driving privileges and there's no way to monitor or enforce the suggested drinking guidelines. Bottom line, people will still drink and Sailors will still get in trouble if they get out of hand - what else is new. A Region SW press release does not change the verbiage in the UCMJ. In reality, the Admiral has very little real control over what happens at the unit level and there is no meaningful oversight of the NJP process where the vast majority of these offenses are disposed of.

Brett

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
However, Hering said, “I think if you have more than three drinks a night on a regular and consistent basis, you’ve got a problem. And we need to address that problem early.”

Someone should introduce mr. hering to the fine young men and women of A-pool.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Surely this guy is NOT an aviator, nor has he ever set foot in an Officers Club, apparently. I understand the value in toeing the line to an extent, but measures like these tend to make our leadership lose credibility when their views are not grounded in reality.

Brett

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
While other penalties could apply, particularly outside a base’s gates, he said there will be no ambiguity about losing the ability to drive on base. “If you are stopped and have been drinking and violating my second ‘zero’ rule, I will administratively remove your privilege to drive on my facility,” Hering said.

Looks like there's going to be a lot of people walking in the near future. What's the point of keeping it to 1 drink/hour AND limiting it to 3 drinks/night if you aren't allowed to drive anyway? Guess I better shut up now before I say something inappropriate.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
NAVY TIMES article said:
... Hering [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]wants no .... hangovers on duty whatsover [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
Oooops. The Admiral would have gotten an ulcer or gone crazy in my Navy ....
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]:eek:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
... or probably just started drinking heavily.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]:)[/FONT]

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Someone please enlighten this pre-TBS lieutenant. To be clear, there is a zero tolerance policy for any alcohol while driving on base?

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
This is interesting. At first the article states that anyone violating the 0-0-0-1-3 policy is subject to NJP, but later is says that the -1-3 is only a guideline. So, does an anal CO have the right to take anyone exceeding this limit to NJP, or will this be used as a tool by the command to hammer those they don't like and give a pass to those that are favored?

Pags

N/A
pilot

meh, there's not a whole lot new in what he's saying. Been hearing the same spiel all through college. "more than 3 drinks in a sitting is binge drinking, which is bad, blah, blah, blah." or, the line of having multiple drinks a night over multiple nights is a sign of dependance. it's always interesting to see how the "official" guidelines of what constitutes a drinking problem match up with the reality of the situation.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know people who decided to cut down to three drinks a night and I applauded thier responsible decision. In Aviator land that is a quiet dinner. He should come hang with us for a while and get a whole new perspective.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I'll cut down to 3 drinks a night, as long as the drinks come in quart sizes... :)

SuperSize your drink for only 39c extra...
images