• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

navy v marine

MaxPowers04

First of all, thanks to all those who have served and are serving and are preparing to serve. Thank You.

What is the general basic difference in the aviation mission between the Navy and Marines. I want to fly off a carrier, I'm just trying to educate myself then decide which branch would be better for what I want to do. My interest is in the Hornet, probably attack - bombing type... Thanks for your help.

MasterBates

Marines have over-moto'ed haircuts and have older equipment on average, minus the V-22, aka "The Devils Whirly Bird"

Navy tends to have more normal haircuts, and more Per Diem.

Otherwise, a search is in order...

SETX07

I'll let a few others put in better words then what I do know. But, to get you a quick response for the time being for the most part, with the situation we are in as a nation, I think both branches of service are performing alot of the same types of missions. Who knows about tomorrow though.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Who knows about tomorrow though.

Tommorrow is free candy.

pee2.jpg

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Marines have over-moto'ed haircuts and have older equipment on average, minus the V-22, aka "The Devils Whirly Bird"

Navy tends to have more normal haircuts, and more Per Diem.

Otherwise, a search is in order...
At least you guys get haircuts. The nasty AF guys running around base here have the sick neck hair that is longer than the hair on top of my head (my super moto haircut went away about a year ago...)

In all seriousness, you have to take into account some of the BS (yes, I know, its good training) that you have to go through before you get to actually fly. Marines are going to get to expirence around 3 months of OCS and 6 months of TBS (do searches for the details) before you get a chance to even think about flying. Bottom line is that the people are great on both sides. I've got great friends both Marine and Navy (and even a Coastie too!)
You are at the right place to do some research. Search around, this topic has been covered from many angles. Best of luck.

phrogpilot73

The Marines will not go on a national dating show.

The Navy will...
So WRONG. "Boyband" was his call sign in our squadron, and he was on "Blind Date" in 2001... So to modify:

The Marines will go on a national dating show before the Navy...

Raptor2216

So WRONG. "Boyband" was his call sign in our squadron, and he was on "Blind Date" in 2001... So to modify:

I saw that show!! That guy came across as a bit of an a-hole and left the chick hanging...I think I would have done the same if I had to deal with her.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

We have a "boyband" type in one of our squadrons....He was deftly renamed after the southpark boyband....

Attachments

• 300px-409_fingerbanglive.gif
    300px-409_fingerbanglive.gif
    29.3 KB · Views: 33

Lawman

None
We have a "boyband" type in one of our squadrons....He was deftly renamed after the southpark boyband....

Bet thats a name that isnt getting painted on an aircraft..... To bad too, Id love to see pictures of people at some Airshow having their kids stand next to the cockpit with "Fingerbang" in the background of it.