• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need help/advice?

dbussan

I have a question, I recently tried to get into the navy officer program but was denied because of a moral waiver I needed to have done. I was arrested for harrassment in 2004. My gpa was a 3.42, and my OAR was 54 6/6/6. I was trying for an NFO slot, also there was nothing wrong with me at meps. I was wondering is there anyway around this, maybe a letter of recommendation from an officer? Maybe call down to Millington to see what I can do? Any help or advice would be much appreciated Thank you.

BTW: I am willing to do anything to become a Naval officer

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I don't understand. You were denied a waiver? Or you didn't fill out the paperwork necessary to request one?

dbussan

I was denied a moral waiver at millington, is what my recruiter told me. It was for a simple misdeamoner harrastment charge, and that was the only thing I have ever been arrested for.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
A "moral" waiver? I've never heard of that. I think I might be missing a few waivers for being an asshole.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
You were denied a moral waiver, but you will do ANYTHING to become a Naval Officer? Just kidding. I would talk with your recruiter. I still dont know how you were denied a moral waiver.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
A moral waiver?

I was arrested, too, and plead guilty to a violation. The Navy requests a legal waiver for you, and I believe it has more to do with your security clearance than anything else.

From what I've been told, a "simple misdemeanor" shouldn't be an issue so long as there isn't a history of it.

Aside from that, it's how the selection board looks upon your discretions, and whether they think you learned from your mistakes.