• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Some Quick Help: Retirement Gift

Renegade One

None
Wife of a good friend who's retiring in December asked me for a vector to that company that does the "personalized flight jacket and other memorabilia" paintings. I think some of you have seen them offered in Navy exchanges...a painting of "your" flight jacket (patches, nametags, whatever) hanging on a chair, logbook, maybe helmet and O2 mask, that sort of thing. Anyone know who does these?

Same company also does a version with dress blue jacket with ribbons, cover, sword, etc....

All the best, Spike

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
I called the guy at Wings in Pensacola, since they know all there is to know about aviation in the military. He said that he tried to look awhile back for a customer, and couldn't find the name of the artist.

He did say that your best bet would be to look in historical mags and such. I'll keep an eye out for you, since I have to look for a couple things for Pickle's winging and Pickle's mom's retirement, too.

Sorry I wasn't more help.

Renegade One

None
Hey...you tried...can't ask for more than that. Many thanks. Best of luck in all that's to come...it's an adventure, I'll say that!