• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nervous, does this sound right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax

2nd Inc. India Co. 2nd PLT. 2005
I'm going to PLC Juniors 2nd Inc this summer, I leave July 10th.
I've been having a tiny bit of pain in my groin when I run, not enough to make me stop, and it goes away after about 3-5 minutes but it's enough to make me worry.
I can run a 19min 3 mile, should I just run every other day(4 days a week) and on the off days just swim or cycle or go on the elliptical machine?
Also, would I be able to bring compression shorts with me to OCS? or will they take them as contraband.

Any advice would be helpful.

KBayDog

Sports med can't hurt at all; perhaps something is just "tweaked." Don't know how your college runs things, but the trainers there might hook you up. If your school has student trainers, they're usually more than willing to help (it's good experience for them.)

It's okay to throttle back on the running a little prior to reporting. Don't burn out - you need to be at 100% when you get there, because by the time you leave, you'll be at 10%.

Ajax

2nd Inc. India Co. 2nd PLT. 2005
Thanks I talked to a physical therapist, she just gave me some exercises to do and thinks I will be okay by July 10th. I hope so. She was pretty hot.

I was just making sure it would be okay if I only run 4 days a week. if I add in 3 days of swimming/biking

CTE83

Yes, ideally this soon before shipping out you should pretty much be where you need to be physically and simply be working on maintaining it while avoiding injuries. Four good PT's a week should be fine to maintain where you're at. Just don't injure yourself further-- nothing sucks as bad as reporting to OCS with an injury or with blisters.

Good luck this summer :D

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
Ajax said:
Also, would I be able to bring compression shorts with me to OCS? or will they take them as contraband.

Any advice would be helpful.

I took some under armour shorts and kept them in my civilian bag that they keep locked up in a closet until libbo. If you keep them w/ your civilian stuff they won't notice them, then after the first libbo keep them in your wall locker. Or just throw em in w/ your underwear they probably won't make you throw them away.

Compression shorts are the way to go for the humps, but you CANNOT wear them w/ PT shorts...don't be that guy w/ the **** hanging out from under your shorts, cuz you will get some uneeded attention.

By the way it just got hot as hell here in Quantico like over night.

Good luck with Jr.'s...sounds like you're where you need to be physically!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.