• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new mexico military academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

marine19860222

I know a girl that wants to fly for the corps. She is checking out all this stuff and is looking at going to new mexico military academy for 2 years then a naval academy for 4 years or soemthing like that to become a 2Lt in the corps. It makes no sense to me wouldnt it be smarter to go in the corps enlisted and have them pay for your bachelors to become a 2Lt. then go through training to become an aviator. While you are in the military you gain rank, pay, experience, and they also pay for schooling while your learning another trade. So what would be the faster path and waht would be the smarter path? thank you.

chazmurr

A friend of mine a couple years back had an older sister who took this route. Her application was not quite good enough to get into the Academy straight out of high school, so she went to the military prep school in NM for a year, then she applied again and was accepted into the Naval Academy the second time around. Upon graduation, she decided to go the Marine route as well. Not to mention she is flying helicopters right now. So if you are smart enough or know the right people to get into the Naval Academy without having to enlist to pay for your education it can actually expedite the whole process.

Status
Not open for further replies.