• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New North Korean Weapons Program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBayDog

(From the conspiracy department):

Hmm...if memory serves me right, fertilizer has many different uses :eek:

Seriously, though, that Communism thing really seems to be a success, doesn't it?

N. Korean ship docks near Seoul

SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- For the first time in over two decades, a North Korean ship docked in a South Korean port Sunday, the start of a series of voyages to pick up fertilizer donated to North Korea by the South Korean government.

The North Korean vessel arrived in the South Korean port of Ulsan Sunday evening, according to South Korea's Unification Ministry.

South Korea pledged to send 200,000 tons of fertilizer to North Korea during meetings last week between the two nations.

Most of the fertilizer will be delivered by sea, with the first of 10 shipments to loaded on the North Korean vessel docking at Lusan Sunday, officials said.

Some of the fertilizer left South Korea over land Saturday, officials said.

North and South Korea ended rare bilateral talks on Thursday without agreement on Pyongyang's nuclear ambitions.

However, South Korea agreed on the fertilizer donation because of humanitarian concerns, according to a statement issued jointly by both sides.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Uh.... I think North Korea has better things to do with fertilizer than build make-shift truck bombs.

TransvestFO

Seven years of college, down the drain.
North Korea is not a communist country. Marxist maybe, on a good day. Really it is just a dictatorship.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
TransvestFO said:
North Korea is not a communist country. Marxist maybe, on a good day. Really it is just a dictatorship.
You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Brett

TransvestFO

Seven years of college, down the drain.
Maybe I am wrong, never claimed to be all knowing. I thought I remember from college (long time ago) that Communism was an economic evolutionary process involving an absence of government. Marxist-Leninist theory, on the other hand, States that you need to maintain a single-party government to allow an under developed economy time to evolve into a communist one. Marx felt like it was a natural evolution and that you just needed a government willing to allow its development and herd the masses appropriately. This is the theory of government the USSR operated under until it failed to evolve from its semi-industrial state into Communism. By Marx' own definition, the USSR was never a fully fledged Communist country since it's government was never absolved of its requirement to train the economy towards communism. Several writers over the last 20 years have argued that the USSR was really an agrarian economy and never even close to becoming a true communist nation. Marx mentioned in many different writings that an agrarian economy had to evolve, at a minimum, into an industrial one before communism could even be considered. North Korea, Cuba and Viet Nam are all, according to the CIA NIPR web site, largely agrarian. That being said, Karl M. and I both believe that none of these countries is Communist. By the way, I don't understand why you would make such a sarcastic responsive comment. I guess maybe the internet allows that required anonymity, but realize, I am just throwing info out there. If it is wrong, I can be corrected. I feel like I am talking to my 8 year old kid.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
TransvestFO said:
I feel like I am talking to my 8 year old kid.
Considering your time in the Navy, I would have thought that you'd be used to things like that. Regardless, returning to your original statement and the context in which it was made WRT K-Bay's assessment, I feel an amendment to my original posting is waranted:

You still have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Nice regurgitation of left wing political theory though. You had me going for a minute there. :D

Good times,

Brett

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Brett327 said:
Considering your time in the Navy, I would have thought that you'd be used to things like that. Regardless, returning to your original statement and the context in which it was made WRT K-Bay's assessment, I feel an amendment to my original posting is waranted:

You still have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Nice regurgitation of left wing political theory though. You had me going for a minute there. :D

Good times,

Brett

From my limited knowledge of the subject from two semesters of Chinese history, he seems to know a fair bit about what he's talking about. I think it's a subject worth studying, as well- know your enemy and all that. What was your point?

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Also, as far as the original topic of this post... unless it's enriched radioactive horse sh*t, that's not exactly our biggest worry about North Korea.

KBayDog

esday1 said:
Also, as far as the original topic of this post... unless it's enriched radioactive horse sh*t, that's not exactly our biggest worry about North Korea.

It shouldn't be a worry.

No, it was not meant to be taken seriously. It was merely my feeble attempt at humor.

There was a time when I thought it might bring a smile to someone's face.

*sigh*

Thank you for proving me wrong.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Of course N. Korea isn't a "communist" country by straight definition! [Moot point]

First: Marxism, in no way, refers to the industrial capability of a nation.

Second:Marxism and Communism are two words for the same thing: pure classless collective living. Countries are not communist; there has never been a Marxist or Communist nation, and there never will be.

I'm done, and in conclusion, have concluded conclusively, and arrived at a grand and glorious, conclosurementionnessly.

K-Bay... feel no worries... your thread made us all stoopider; and that is just as good as laughing somtimes!

Kycntryboy

pilot
Well I say its about time someone started giving N. Korea some crap, because we have been taken to much of theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.