• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New OCS req's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath112

All individuals applying to OCS will have the following requirements:

Education

OAR: No less 75 and all 9's.
SAT: not less than 1600.
GPA: 5.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Major: All degrees recieve equal rejection consideration
High School: 5.0 on a 4.0 scale.

Personal Background

For potential aviators only:
All applicants must have been conceived in the "cockpit". Airline bathroom conceivees condidered on a case by case basis.

For prior military applicants:

prior waivers attainable but, all applicants must were a cardigan/sweater over their shoulders and maintain a clueless "college boy" appearance at all times.

Due to the tainted nature of these individuals it and the highly competitive nature of the program these applicants it is not reccommended for you to apply.

for questions call 1-NOO-JOBS or visit our website at www.Navynoslots.com

ghost_ttu

Did you get that off an admirals desk? That looks pretty accurate....

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Goliath112

I recieved this message traffic from the top......but seriously guys I am still motivated to go Navy but, I'm thinking the climate isn't ripe for me to get selected. I'm applying again in six months but I am also going to call the USCG.... for assistance. I called the Marines but they have no ground slots. I can't be an aviator right now because I have contacts. I really want to be a hardcore sailor. (i know i know sounds crazy right....Well Horatio Hornblower is the coolest") Man when I got out of the navy in 99'. All I heard was comeback in 3-4 years with a degree and they'll take you as a SWO easy. Man things sure have changed.. With these higher "standards" I think to many fine applicants get passed over because a number or two wasn't high enough.

man the wait is killing me

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Man ... this hilarious post really put a much needed smile on my face [:D] . Life and all its striggles are of course only survivable if we can make light of them. Thanks man!

Peace,

-Spin

marti

Damn, I'm screwed. My SAT was only 1540. Do you think I can get that waivered?

Don't give up Goliath. I know exactly what you're talking about. I got out in '99 too. I remember thinking to myself as I walked out the gate that if things didn't work out I would just get my degree and come back as an O. Sounded easy enough at the time.

gsavy10

Goliath, what did you mean by the Marines have no ground slots? The Marines are my second choice and I am going to start the application process next week. How are aviation slots looking?

DDriver

Marti and Goliath112,

Did you guys applied while you were in? I will be just like you. I am getting out too in a few months to complete my degree. Do you guys have any advice for me? Lessons learned stuff..?

Will I have better chances of becoming an "O" if I get out?(since the Navy don't have to spend a penny to send me to school).
Right now I can get LOR's and support from 0-6's who knows me and even an Admiral (active CO) if I apply. But the active ECP's really suck[xx(]!

DDriver

And when I get out I will come back with a high GPA in Tech'l Degree plus my flying license. I think the old ECP's are a lot better than the stupid STA-21.

Goliath112

hey gsavy, I don't know about Aviation slots in the corp. But, I was told by the Oso's that ground slots are filled. Sorta like SWO for the Navy. I hear that they have aviation slots though.

DDriver, the only advice I have is to get all A's in school. One C or F can really go a long way in screwing you. Don't have breaks in between school. (take the summer terms).

Goliath112

no waivers marti. its only waiverable if you get a 1599 and 1/2. if you lost the 1/2 point cause you miss-spelled your name then you're screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.