• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Newest instruction questions

BuckWild

Advanced - VT-35
Now that there has been a new release of the 1420.1b, I had a few questions to ask. I'm an active duty applicant. I'm not seeing anywhere in the instruction for the SMART transcripts, will this still be required? Tattoo screening...who does the screening? I have a general quesiton about age waivers. I'm 27 and need an age waiver for pilot/nfo slots. Is this just a regular special request chit to the address listed on the instructin or some kind of different form that needs to be filled out and routed? Or is there no need for the waiver request due to active duty (prior) Thanks!

Tomodachi

pilot
Hey buck. I'm active duty and looking to apply this summer 2010. Download the new instruction and pull it up. Go to page 204 you will see a checklist for OCS applicants. Thats everything you need to include in the package.

Now when you look at the first enclosure you see the 1420.1B application. It was hard for me to find this but I came across the Navy Forms website. Great site! Let me give you the link. http://navalforms.daps.dla.mil/web/public/home. This website is a big help in finding forms.

Now for the first item you need for the package is the Officer Programs Application, using that forms website I found the latest version of the form in PDF format: http://navalforms.daps.dla.mil/formsDir/_OPNAV_1420_1_2110.pdf.

Now, when you are filling out this application, in chapter 2 of the 1420.1B manual it gives you block-by-block instructions on what to do and how to fill out each one, really convenient!

As far as the tattoo screening goes, if u use the naval forms website and search for tattoo it gives you this form: http://navalforms.daps.dla.mil/formsDir/_NAVCRUIT_1130_104_3625.pdf. Now if you look at this form it looks like something you fill out and sign with your career counselor and the CO/XO/EPO/OPO/EPDS will have to sign. I imagine those big players sign when they are reviewing and endorsing your whole package. If you do not fit the requirements for tattoos, according to the form, you will have digital photographs taken of your body markings and someone up in big navy will have to approve you. I'm not 100% sure because I am just starting to get everything together for my package myself and have not completed this yet.

As far as the age waiver goes, on page 36-37 of the 1420.1B it gives you an address to send the aviation age waivers to. I would imagine your career counselor should know how to draft a waiver and the process, if not they know another career counselor who knows how.

SMART transcripts are REQUIRED in the package, on page 22 of the 1420.1B it states that for block 25 you must attach the SMART transcripts, im sure you can get a certified official copy from the college office.

Buck i'm new in this process as well, hopefully we can help eachother out over the next few months, have you taken the ASTB yet? I'm taking it Feb 9th, 2010.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
You get certified copies of SMART from the SMART website. You can Google it the website and download the request form. You can also fax the request to save some time...