• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO slots full til 2011?

jwk1414

Just got off the phone with my recruiter who said that NFO slots are full until 2011. Has anyone heard this from their recruiter? My recruiter is pushing pretty hard for SWO while I am leaning towards NFO, Intel, PAO- all of which I know are competitive and quickly filling up...

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
He's more than likely right. The aviation pipeline is full right now and clogged as well and they're looking to cut some of us who are down here already, so it only makes sense.

Shakeszilla

That doesn't mean don't go for NFO if thats what you want. Your recruiter most likely means that NFO slots are full until the next fiscal year, which is true. People who are getting Finals select letters now are getting slots where they would graduate OCS in December and January. It just means a bit more of a wait, but you should be used to that by now.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
Your recruiter may be correct, it's hard to say. I'll say this: the wait for NFOs to class up for API right now is 12 weeks, pilots are up to a year. This is due to overmanning as well as mx issues with the T-34C (NFOs fly Texan IIs, so this helps our wait time reduction.) The back log of stashed Ensigns is only going to increase. Two reasons for this are a)flooding in Millington has slowed PERS-43 (aviation detailers) down big time and b) NROTC and Academy are getting ready to graduate. BUT if you want to fly, DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! I had to fight to keep my designator. Best of luck. Work harder than your peers and you will come out ahead.