• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO to Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

josejimmenez

Selected for SNFO
Hey I've heard a few guys on the forum talking about NFO to pilot slots. Can anyone tell me exactly how this works, what the likely hood of getting one of these slots is, and if you fly the same equipment after becoming a "retread" or you can go to a new platform

Thanks

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
From what I hear it's next to rare to have that switch. I mean if the military paid millions to train you for one thing, what reason do they have to spend more money to train you for something else that you may or may not succeed at?

Bug

It's actually not that rare. In every squadron, there's 1 or 2 guys that came in with bad eyes and got the PRK and have packages in. If you're an NFO and doing a good job AND willing to take on the additional time requirements, you stand a fair chance. Be preparred to NOT enjoy shore duty (and a chance for graduate education) for quite some time though....

Status
Not open for further replies.