• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NJPs and MECEP

cplrush

thats good to hear! that there are other Marines who have had NJPs, learned from thier mistakes and still able to reach thier career goals. when i first started on my package this year i was told even by a career plnr to hang up any hopes of getting into mecep because of njps that occured 3 years prior

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Marine BOOST is penance enough. Nine months to be exact. ;)

Great program though.
10 months, class of '95....10 months wasted (for me) and time I will never get back :icon_rage Concur on the pennance though. To answer your question though, I think it's a requirement for Marines to have NJP on there record. Seems to make them more competitive for the board.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Went to OCS with a guy this summer who had 3 NJP's. I forget if he was boost or if he just got out and went to OCS, I wanna say boost though.

Also, Marine boost has different options now. There is a 3 month, 6 month, and 9 month deal, but I don't know too much about it.

cplrush

Yeah, I had alot of youthful indiscretions, but I have matured tremendously. I've grown into a leader of Marines and hopefully I have convinced the board of this. Thanks for the inputs.

cplrush

Yeah,

I didn't get selected for MECEP last time but this year I think I have a pretty solid chance. Ive been meritoriously promoted twice over the last six months: Cpl and Sgt. That should look good on my package!