• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No More Augmenting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
From the Navy TImes

By Andrew Scutro
Times staff writer

"As of May 1, officers commissioned to active duty will be designated regular Navy whether the officer comes from the Naval Academy, Officer Candidate School or a university ROTC program, according to Navy Personnel Command. The change makes the future augmentation selection board unnecessary. Redesignation boards are not affected.

Vice Adm. Gerry Hoewing, Chief of Naval Personnel, was quoted in a Navy news release saying, “This furthers the Navy’s efforts to create one aligned and integrated force for the 21st century under our Human Capital Strategy.”

Reserve officers now on active duty can be given regular Navy status by May 2006, if all requirements are met.

The change was issued March 2."

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Also, what are the implications? I think that the reason everyone was commissioned USNR was for manpower management - easier to get rid of reservists and such. If everybody commissioned on or after May 1st is USN, where does that leave those who are still USNR? If the Navy feels the need to downsize a certain designator in the near future, will the USNR officers be going first, regardless of qualification?

Call me paranoid, but I've been "downsized" in the civilian world twice already...

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Dunedan said:
If the Navy feels the need to downsize a certain designator in the near future, will the USNR officers be going first, regardless of qualification?

Call me paranoid, but I've been "downsized" in the civilian world twice already...

Man I hope not, that would kinda suck.

saltpeter

USNR dudes and dudettes are not paid serverence pay when they get the axe. USN person are paid 1 years pay (Base I believe).

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
Dunedan said:
If the Navy feels the need to downsize a certain designator in the near future

You know, I hear the Airforce Nav's might be redesignated to fly UAVs in the near future. Some NFO's might be looking for something else as well!?!? You just never know, stranger things have happened.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel attached to his "special parts." The bartender says, "You know you have a steering wheel on your junk?" The pirate says, "Arrrrr...it's driving me nuts!"

Status
Not open for further replies.