• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No SNA slots for 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Ruiz

is this a fact? I am 30, prior enlisted and i am trying to get a slot at OCS, but they are telling me that there are no slots for SNA only for Supply and NFO?

Can someone try to clarify this please?

STeven

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
I work in a recruiting district right now and you can pretty much forget SNA slots to open up next year. Unless you are a complete stud, they aren't going to take you. At my office, they are backed up until 2005!

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
So if apply for an OCS date of June 2004, will that give me a better shot at SNA??? At that point in time, I wouldn't be going to dlight school until FY '05 right?

nic22

They are negative 13 SNA slots for FY04 so the earliest you could go would be July 04 which is the first OCS class for FY05. But from what I have heard even July 04 is already filled.

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
Thanks nic22... that's the answer I've been looking for for weeks. I kinda speculated that was about the right time frame. We're a country like no other... everyone trying like the Dickens to get into the military, while elswhere they have to yank them off the street!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Just keep in mind that OCS is a stopgap program. They may be -13 slots now, but 6 months from now, they may have had more attrites than expected, so things can change rapidly. Then again, because everyone is so competitve, they may have fewer attrites than normal, in which case everyone is fooked.
icon_smile_wink.gif

nic22

I know nothing is ever certain in the Navy and believe me I am hoping like everyone else that the number somehow miraculously changes to +13. I guess we just have to be patient and in the right place at the right time to land a SNA slot in the next year.

Steven Ruiz

Thanks for all your inputs. It seems like i am a little late. I started the school thing late and i also joined the military as an enlisted man for 4 years and that kind of screwed me too. Oh, well, that is the way life goes. I will do my back up plan and continue being a CPA. Big difference!

take care guys,

steven

Status
Not open for further replies.