• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Non-Flying Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

Just remembered another question I wanted to ask.

I trust as an NFO it would be kind of tough to be an LSO. Is the Air Boss route out of the question? Are NFOs eligible to captain a CVN?

Basically, what kind of duties can you perform as an NFO while on the boat?

~Nate

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
LSO must be a 131X.
Air Boss can be 131X or 132X.
132X can be and have been CVN CO.
All billets on CVN that are URL are open to 132X types...i.e., Gator, Gun Boss, Safety, Ops, etc...
Cheers,
G

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Anything except LSO.

LSO is a squadron duty except for the CAG LSO who is a senior LT/junior LCDR.
Air Boss and CVN Ops are post command CDR's.
Safety Boss, Gun Boss, Air Ops, Strike Ops are usually non-screen CDR's.

CVN CO is an aviation CAPT. 1310 or 1320. After squadron command, there is Nuke school, CVN XO, deep draft command then CVN command. Takes a long time.

DairyCreamer

Just to be a bug, could you expand on some of those definitions? Gator in particular? Shame about LSO, but it figures.

I know there's a lot of billets out there, and that's awesome. Is there a comprehensive list out there in the web I could study up on / drool over? :)

~Nate

Kolja

Git-r-done
not just hard, but impossible to be an LSO.

Air Boss is fair game, so would CVN command if you were so masochistic as to want it....

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gator = Navigator
The others are just different jobs on the ship (Strike, OPS, etc)

ea6bflyr

DairyCreamer

ea6bflyr said:
Gator = Navigator
The others are just different jobs on the ship (Strike, OPS, etc)

ea6bflyr

I'm now throughtly embarassed about not seeing gator as Navigator. :D

I was more curious about where I could see what those positions actually do though, at least in a nutshell. Are there resources out there describing the roles of these billets?

~Nate

Kolja

Git-r-done
DairyCreamer said:
I'm now throughtly embarassed about not seeing gator as Navigator. :D

I was more curious about where I could see what those positions actually do though, at least in a nutshell. Are there resources out there describing the roles of these billets?

~Nate

Can't help too much there. They don't fly - that's all I need, or want, to know! :icon_smil

Status
Not open for further replies.