• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Non-Pilot Aviation Officer

superjames34

I am an AE2/prospective officer:D, i dont really want to be a pilot but would love to stay in the aviation field. Other than being a Pilot, what are my options if i want to stay aviation???

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure about how open the community is, but your MMCO or Assistant MO are AMDO's. The field if primarily filled with LDOs and CWO's, but there are lots of AMDOs that took the OCS route.

-ea6bflyr ;)

S.O.B.

pilot
I am an AE2/prospective officer:D, i dont really want to be a pilot but would love to stay in the aviation field. Other than being a Pilot, what are my options if i want to stay aviation???

Just out of curiosity: why don't you want to be a pilot?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Not sure about how open the community is, but your MMCO or Assistant MO are AMDO's. The field if primarily filled with LDOs and CWO's, but there are lots of AMDOs that took the OCS route.

In the old HC (now HSC) community, AMDOs also served as detachment MOs. Very good group of doods and doodettes.

There was a good pilot friend of mine who had migranes, so she redesignated to AMDO. She enjoys it. Also, they sucked her up really quick when she said she'd like to do it. That was, 2005ish though.

Never know unless you try. Keep the eye on the prize though, as the officer corps is a very rewarding experience...