• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Norfolk State University

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackMac

Has anyone here attended or know someone that went to Norfolk State University? What have you heard about it. Also, can you please clarify a rumor for me. My friend said that State colleges, like Norfolk State, are public schools, meaning you get accepted as long as you qualify. This does not seem right to me. Does anyone out there know the truth? Thank you.

May The Force Be With You

JayManC

JackMac:
I'm not sure what it is that you would like to know about NSU. I personally go to Old Dominion University across town, but ODU,NSU and HU (Hampton University) all have a consortium agreement for NROTC meaning that each institution provides a different aspect of the curriculum. As for the State University thing. I'm unclear what you mean....UVA is a state school and also one of the hardest schools in the US to get into....I tried!

If you're interested in the demographic profile (I'm PC) I will tell you this. Most of the caucasion (sp?) people that I know that went there got some amount of tuition offset to attend. Once again, I'm not sure what it is that you would like to know, and keep in mind that I don't attend there; but seeing as how I live about 10-15 minutes away from there...I would be happy to answer anything I can about it.

<insert something witty here:>

Tessone

What JayManC said about state schools is very true--just because it's a state school doesn't mean they have to let you in. In fact, I know people who got accepted to private schools who got rejected from the U of I.

--
Chris Tessone
http://www.polyglut.net/

solenita72

SWO Wife
I work at Old Dominion University and I know that here we have a general admission requirement. As to what exactly the standards are, I am not sure, but I have heard of people not being accepted here. Now, with Norfolk State, I am sure they have the eqivilent requirements as we do. They are also not affected by budget cuts like all the other state universityies. It it mostly African Americans that attend and they have been historically underfunded so they are protected by the state. Therefore thier educational programs will never be affected.

JayManC

Solenita, its nice to see another Hampton Roader in here, BTW did you see that article in the pilot the other day about all the budget cuts and about how ODU was gonna lay off a "still unknown" number of people? Meanwhile their building that new engineering building when what they need is another parking garage. State Universities.....gotta love em.

<insert something witty here:>

Status
Not open for further replies.