• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nostalgic Air Show...1945

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Great video Banty. Thanks. Too bad many of those planes can't be seen anywhere today. Also liked the 4-star smoking directly under the wing of an a/c at the 10:00 mark!

jmcquate

Contributor
Great video Banty. Thanks. Too bad many of those planes can't be seen anywhere today. Also liked the 4-star smoking directly under the wing of an a/c at the 10:00 mark!
Acually, a few of the German aircraft are in the Smithsonian and the USAF museum.

brownshoe

Contributor
Great video! Great music! Great comments for the video!

Steve

(You back home now? We need to catch up, I'll phone you tomorrow.)

Flugelman

Contributor
Great find, sir. The C-47 glider picckup at 1:52 was something to see. What a ride for the glider pilot, huh?

navyao

Wow! Great stuff "Banty," thanks for sharing. I flew outta there in 04'. My wife worked for Shwarz Pharma who has a mfg. plant in Seymour. When we drove out to the field I mentioned to the ground crew how the field had a military look to it. One of the guys mentioned it was an AAF training field during the war.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The fake movie flicker was driving me nuts. But a nice video of the good old days.