• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Not Navy, but a great piece of aviation - U2

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
Phenominal video. I could only imagine having that experience.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
that's awesome. was the pilot wearing giant prescription glasses...? seemed weird.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
that's awesome. was the pilot wearing giant prescription glasses...? seemed weird.

Our XO wears funny looking prescription glasses when he flies too...... pretty sure NAMI cuts you some slack as you get older

HuggyU2

None
Yes, the glasses have much larger lenses to improve your peripheral vision in the suit.
The frames do not have earpieces, but velcro onto the face seal of the helmet.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Gotta love 104 KIAS at 70K!!

By my math it would take an H-60 28 minutes to autorotate from that altitude!!

A buddy of mine at JFCOM flys the U-2; he talked about strapping in for 9-10 hour flights every other day!! I don't know about the rest of you out there, but my ass was only good for about 3.5 before it started letting me know it wasn't happy!!

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Huggy you'll have to share some of your U2 experiences/stories with us if you get the time. I'd love to know what that flying is like. Are Naval Aviators able to do exchange tours in U2s by chance?

HuggyU2

None
Not exchange tours, but we have a bunch of U-2 pilots that did interservice transfers from the Navy/USMC/USCG. It's a pretty eclectic mix of aviators... truly The Land of Misfit Toys.