• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

not selected for SNA - 25 yrs old, options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megrey06

Kingsville
I've been watching and reading this board for months now so I feel like I know you guys, but this is my first post. My package was sent up on 18 June, and I heard yesterday that it's a no-go for a pilot slot. The recruiter told me something about slots being booked for '03 unless applicants had significant flying hours (I've only got about 25) or a technical background (sounds like the AF). I have every confidence in my ability and determination to become a military aviator, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before I begin looking at the other services or ANG etc. I know that I can re-apply next year for a slot in 2004, but I turn 27 in November 2003. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

FYI: married (no children), my ASTB was a 51 overall and 7 on the pilot (I don't remember the others). I had a 2.5 GPA in college, and have been a financial planner for the last two years. One recommendation was from a former SecNav.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Edited by - megrey06 on 07/03/2002 21:25:10

flpanthers1

If you have to try another recruiter. I had very good ones out of Pittsburgh. I, like you, did very well on ASTB and had problem picking up on Pilot. I have no previous flight time, but am in my first month at Whiting Field for Primary. Although I am a communications major and Primary is a killer, I got in. Try another avenue and let them know your age restrictions. I am 27 right now, but had a year prior service, so I was in about the same position as you. I could say talk to another recruiter, that may work.

SNA

SmithS

It would probably be best to try another recruiter, but I do know that the Navy has cut back on people getting into OCS this year. I submitted my package in November of '01 and I got accepted in January as an Aviation Candidate. I had to delay my OCS date till this November and my recruiter was glad I received my date because he said that the pipeline was getting back up and he said the qualifications had changed as well. I got about a 2.5 in college as well and he informed that if I would have applied this year, I would not have been selected for a pilot slot because of my GPA. Good luck and don't quit if you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.