• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC and part time job?

xbreaka

This is a somewhat random question but I've searched and searched,for the answer and had no luck. I know for the army if you are unable to play a varsity school sport due to a part time job, if you send them in your hours, letter from boss etc they will use that to add points in the stead of a varsity sport.

Does the navy have a similar compromise, in terms of work vs sports, I haven't been able to play a school varsity sport, albeit I race motocross on the state level and did Babe Ruth baseball, I think that my lack of playing a high school varsity sport will be the downfall of my NROTC application.

xbreaka

Mostly NESC, new england regionals, been doing alot of capeways stuff recently since gas has gotten so damn expensive.

Number 466, riding a 06 KX250
250B Class

MasterBates

I put my experience racing NESC and AMA District races on my OCS application.

Did not hurt, but I also had some college leadership stuff to throw in as well.

Did not play sports in HS. Grew up less than a mile from Capeway. Had enough points for Expert, but they let me stay in the B class, because I see a track maybe once every two years.

NESC #723, 1992-2000
NEMX #51 1999-present (I have a "permanent number")
86 KX 125
79 XR 500 (4-stroke class)
83 XR 500R (4-stroke, open, 200+)
90 KX 125
98 YZ400F that I still race once in a blue moon.

xbreaka

Damn, I wish they still kept the damn 4-strokes in a class of their own, damn 450s are hard to keep up with on a 2 smoke, but anyways you think that having some extracirriculars and community service will make up for no varsity sports?

gotta_fly

pilot
I wouldn't worry too much, you can explain that to the guys who give you the interview. I didn't really do varsity athletics except lacrosse senior year, which was a joke, and didn't even appear on my application. Extracurricular activities and community service will absolutely get you big points in the interview category, and I'd wager they will help when your application goes before the board as well.

Biles

I never played a varsity sport (or any sport), and I got a Marine-Option scholarship. I was involved in JROTC and a part time job, and I explained that this limited my time. I'm sure they'll understand. Just beast your PFT to show you're good to go.