• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC application concern

sanders

I am applying for a NROTC scholarship (3 year) and I have met with my recruiter taking care of my package a couple times already, but really I have not done any of the applicaiton work myself. Basically I have given him basic information about myself, but nothing in depth at all. I have asked him if there is anything further that I have to do for my application and he said no, besides a signature or something. is this normal? I have literally spent less than an hour total talking to the officer. I thought the application process was a huge pain. Does the recruiter do pretty much all the work? Is there something I am missing? I would kind of like to be more involved in the application process. Thanks.

Navyfan06

pilot
A question first... are you currently in NROTC as a CP? If so, then yes your class advisor will take care of just about everything. If you are going through a recruiter, I have no idea!

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
There is a ton of stuff needed for an NROTC Scholarship. Officer interview, letter of recommendation, essays, transcripts.

The due date for NROTC scholarships is Feb. 17th for four year, not sure about 3. Your problem may me this; the original due date for NROTC apps was the 31st of January and most districts reached goal by that point. We are not necessarily goaled for 3 year apps and if your recruiter already made goal he may be blowing you off. Call the HQ and ask to speak with the NROTC coordinator and don't get discouraged, call them 5 times a day if you have to; the squeky wheel gets the grease. It may not hurt to have an NROTC instructor call the program coordinator for you. Just don't sit back and let them blow you off. If you want it, go get it; just understand you may not get the help you would have before they made goal.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
LT Rocky hit it on the nail. When i did my nrotc application, i remember doing a lot of the leg work (sending transcripts, the physical test, dodmerb, essays, rec's, etc). But it was all worth it in the end. I also helped my little brother with his nrotc scholarship and he had no problems getting the scholarship (4-yr). But for some strange reason, hes still waiting to hear from usna :)

Navyfan06

pilot
When I was a CP'er at our NROTC Program the only thing I really had to do was 1. Get a physical and 2. Sign a piece of paper to release my education records to the unit. This was in addition to participaing in unit functions, but overall the paperwork was next to nothing. To join the CP program though was a little different, you had to fill out a packet of information. Good luck with your app.

sanders

Thanks for the replies. What is a CP though? I am in the NROTC program at my school but not on contract. The officer dealing with my application works for the NROTC program at my school. Thanks.

Navyfan06

pilot
CP = College Program - No Scholarship you just take Navy Courses and participate in unit functions