• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC College list

Dhc2tacksby

I'm currently active duty MC, and I'm applying for the MECEP program when the 06 maradmin finally comes out, but I digress...

I'm applying to NROTC schools through this list this list and what I'm trying to get at is waht the "cross town affiliate" means?
Are these cross town schools still open to NROTC student, but don't have an actual NROTC unit at that school?

Many thanks

Future butterbar.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
In a word, yup. There are schools that open their ROTC units to students at other schools nearby. That way you have one larger ROTC unit instead a few smaller ones.

Cheers, Bubba

pjxc415

pilot
yes. for example: we have one MECEP who goes to Northeastern U. However, Boston NROTC is based at Boston U. It is where the unit is located and all classes are held. This SSgt is allowed to be in the program because Northeastern is considered a "cross-town affiliate."

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Yes the best one by far is the Houston Consortium, which is comprised of Prairie View A&M, Rice University, University of Houston, Houston Baptist University and Texas Southern University, which leads to a good mix of diversity and talent and of course inter unit rivalries. There are tons of MECEPS and the best crop of gunnys ever!

Not that im recruiting or anything:D