• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC essays

chrisco133

Ive put it off long enough and im finally forcing myself to sit down and write these godforsaken essays. i know that in college applications, admissions will read essays hoping for creativity, originality, and personality. my question is should i write these NROTC essays with that in mind? or should i shy away from humor and personal stuff and keep a more serious, straightforward tone?
thanks for any help

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
I would recommend staying serious but make the essay personal. The board is using the essay to put a personality to a set of numbers, so it is an important part of the application.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Ive put it off long enough and im finally forcing myself to sit down and write these godforsaken essays. i know that in college applications, admissions will read essays hoping for creativity, originality, and personality. my question is should i write these NROTC essays with that in mind? or should i shy away from humor and personal stuff and keep a more serious, straightforward tone?
thanks for any help

Wake up call bud. Youre not trying to bullsh!t your way into a college on this one. These essays take some heart and your personal morals to write.

These essays get read by the officers that interview you and look over your application. Keep this in mind: they are looking for people to take over THEIR jobs someday. Speak your mind.

sbpilot

I finished my essays about a month ago. It took me a week to complete them after I sat down and forced myself to crank out rough drafts. I edited them each about ten times until I was fully satisfied. Keep them serious, but make sure they also show your personality.

Super Hornet 88

I finished my essays about a month ago. It took me a week to complete them after I sat down and forced myself to crank out rough drafts. I edited them each about ten times until I was fully satisfied. Keep them serious, but make sure they also show your personality.

Yeah, I'm working on mine right now and then I need to edit and revise them...

But to get back on topic, I would try to make these the best essays you have ever written before.

STLEngineer

pilot
You should always explain why you want to do it... explain who in your family or friends inspired you, etc.

Explain why you want to be an officer.