• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Program

bassmaster22

hey, my name is Kevin and im a senior at a high school in Georgia. Im planning on attending Auburn Univirsity in the fall of 2007 and im considering doing the nrotc program. I have a teacher who is in the navy and she told me to get on this site and ask around. I would really like to become a nfo but i dont know much about it or about the nrotc in general. If anyone can let me know anything about nrotc, and college life while in the navy that would be a lot of help to me.

Thanks,
Kevin

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Kevin,

Welcome to the forums! Search around the NROTC area and you'll get tons of information. Auburn is a great school and even has a lot of aviation-related majors. I also noticed that they're also predicted to win the SEC this year. I can't answer specific questions about NROTC at Auburn, but I think NROTC in general is prolly one of the best deals in the Navy. Let me know if you have any NROTC General Questions.

Also, if you haven't yet, go to the NROTC homepage https://www.nrotc.navy.mil/
and start your scholarship application ASAP! If you're interested in aviation don't rule out Embry-Riddle! (Shameless Plug) Good luck!

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
bassmaster,

Welcome to the website. And glad you want to be a double anchor guy instead of a single anchor guy...

There's a bunch of good info on NFO training and NROTC. Best'o'luck to yah. (And don't rule out USNA.. yet another shameless plug)

Cheers,
Bubba

mike172

GO NAVY
I am in the process of sending out my app. There are only two things that I think are really important here.

1) Get on the Navy.com website get to the ROTC page and fill out the online app part. This part is key. Get on there and fill it out ASAP. A recruiter will call you once you submit it. (at least thats whats supposed to happen) In my case the recruiter called me before I submitted it but its a long story.
Fill it out early! don't be like me and be finishing it the morning of your interview:eek:

2) Get on your teachers about recommendations. I had my interview over a month ago, my app still hasent gone out cause its summer and its hard to get teacher applications. I am sending emails and calling constantly trying to move this along.

Ok so 3 pieces of info....

3) at your interview know your stuff! and dress decently I wore a kaki pants and a button down shirt tucked in, no tie.( he told me I looked sharp, and I knew my stuff.) When i say know your stuff I mean the recruiter wants to see if you actually want to join the navy (not just take the Navy's money) I was asked simple questions like. "If/when you graduate from college what rank will you be?" yaddda yadda.

Again submit the app early! The eailer you submit your package the better chance of getting the scholarship. Love your recruiter without him you are down the creek.

Ok so more than 3 pieces of info... goodluck

mike

P.S I did not have time to spell check so don't flame me pleaseeee :watching3

Superclub

pilot
Mike has good advice, the only thing I reccomend doing differently is to contact your closest ROTC office and talk to the coordinator before you submit your app. That way they are able to go over your app with you for clarity. At my interview the coordinator went over each section with me to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything and that the things I did put down were true. Keeping in close contact with the person handling your stuff is key because they know what the board wants and will help you every step of the way.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
hey, my name is Kevin and im a senior at a high school in Georgia. Im planning on attending Auburn Univirsity in the fall of 2007 and im considering doing the nrotc program. I have a teacher who is in the navy and she told me to get on this site and ask around. I would really like to become a nfo but i dont know much about it or about the nrotc in general. If anyone can let me know anything about nrotc, and college life while in the navy that would be a lot of help to me.

Thanks,
Kevin

Sup Kev. GT NROTC grad here...it was great. I was in a fraternity from sophomore to super senior year and enjoyed the many different circle of friends I had in school.

If you have a 3.0, you may want to look into GT as you can use HOPE there if the NROTC thing doesn't pan out for ya...just a thought.

Good luck. Let me know if you need any specifics.

bkveen

Hey im a 4/c at GT right now. I would definately consider GT NROTC. Its a great unit and its a lot of fun. Besides GT is better than Auburn.