• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC PT whats good?

Charles

I'm a MIDN candidate whose heading to O-week in about a month or so. I'll be joining the GWU NROTC unit and our Orientation is supposed to be at Quantico. I'm just curious what sort of PT scores are the norm for a soon-to-be 4/c Mid. At the moment, I can do 81 curl ups (Good-High), 70 push ups (Good-High) and I do the 1.5 under 11 mins (Good-Low). I think by August I could have my curl ups and push ups at Excellent-Low level (90 and 76 respectively) or possibly higher. My run will always be a pain in the ass for me to work on but its slowly getting better. Obviously I want to do the best I can, and am continuously working on my fitness, but am I on par, or am I a bit behind where I should be? (at least in comparison to other MIDS/prospective MIDS).

Also, has anyone gone through O-week specifically with the GW Unit or at Quantico? I've heard a lot about other experiences, but if you have anything directly related, I'd be eager to hear about it. Thank you!

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
You sould like you'll be fine. Try to improve your run more, you'll probably be doing a lot of running.

As far as specifics at GW, I can't help you there, but I doubt anyone is going to give you anything useful... they like for you to be just a little bit surprised when you're going through orientation.

Good luck.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Your scores look comparable to most of the 4/C I've seen coming into my battalion. Last year we had a few too many people who were quite a bit lower than you but most of them improved their scores substantially as the year went on so I think you have nothing to worry about. I know a couple of individuals at GW who you'll get to meet who are in phenomenal shape but I imagine the rest of the battalion is comparable to mine. My only real advice is to maintain a good PT schedule and push yourself and you'll do well.