• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Scholarship Contract

RICARACA

Ricaraca
I am trying to get a copy of the standard form for a Navy ROTC scholarship contract that includes all the fine print of standards and conditions. My son is at the Citadel and wants to contract Navy and fly. Statiscally, anyone know the odds that he will actually fly jets or flying grunts around in helicopters?

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Cant to much for the statistics, but the agreement I can find for you. It is in a publication known as the ROD.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I am trying to get a copy of the standard form for a Navy ROTC scholarship contract that includes all the fine print of standards and conditions. My son is at the Citadel and wants to contract Navy and fly. Statiscally, anyone know the odds that he will actually fly jets or flying grunts around in helicopters?

Since you're a parent, you get a free pass on this one, aka "What percentage get __?" The question that no one speaks of by name.

Since he's going Navy, his chances of getting a helo that flies "grunts" around is effectively 0. Flying a helo for SAR, anti-surface/submarine, etc, the chances are fairly high. For more in depth discussion, pls use the "search" function.

torpedo0126

I can't remember what the exact percent is, but I believe the fleet is composed of at least 50% helicopters. The rest of the fleet is a variety of aircraft that include jets (not only F/A-18s).

As statesmen said, check out the ROD (regulations for officer development). However, this is an extremely thick document with a lot of administrative things that either don't apply to you or can contradict each other.

What specific things in the fine print are you looking for? I recommend contacting the NROTC school your interested in and speaking to the designated recruiting officer. They are not out to trick you and will give you the low down on what commissioning consists of.

If your child is going the OCS route, I don't know as much about that except that they call the Eisenhower a "relax jacket."--an attempt at humor.

RICARACA

Ricaraca
Thanks

I can't remember what the exact percent is, but I believe the fleet is composed of at least 50% helicopters. The rest of the fleet is a variety of aircraft that include jets (not only F/A-18s).

As statesmen said, check out the ROD (regulations for officer development). However, this is an extremely thick document with a lot of administrative things that either don't apply to you or can contradict each other.

What specific things in the fine print are you looking for? I recommend contacting the NROTC school your interested in and speaking to the designated recruiting officer. They are not out to trick you and will give you the low down on what commissioning consists of.

If your child is going the OCS route, I don't know as much about that except that they call the Eisenhower a "relax jacket."--an attempt at humor.

Thanks to all on the quick and good intel.