• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC scholarship ?

amj1021

i was wondering, How hard is it to gain a two year NROTC scholarship ? my GPA is 2.9 as a college sophomore, with not much community service or history of leadership. do i even have a chance ?

thanks in advance

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
The worst thing they can do is tell you "no". Put a package together while trying to improve your "weak" areas, and apply. I'd say you have a chance. How much of a chance depends on A LOT of things, and not all of them have to do with you. You're school might be overmanned, ## of people short of quota, etc, etc. If it's something you really want, go for it! Good luck!

navy09

None
They pay you a stipend (~$400/mon) and they pay for your books. Not as much money in it for you but you still get commissioned. As of a few years ago, they weren't giving many people advanced standing though I have no idea what the situation is like now.

JhwK08

This is only based on my experience at my unit, but they have given out advanced standing to one or two people in the last two and a half years and only a few scholarships. Getting a scholarship while already in college is getting more and more competitive, but not impossible. If you want it - go for it.