• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC to OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

psu_midn

I was active in the Penn State NROTC unit for two years. Now I am due to graduate in August and hopefully go down to OCS in September. Does having ROTC experience help or hinder OCS? Regardless, I can't wait to go down!

Jonah

psu_midn

Hey thanks!

I guess I was just curious if the "head game" aspect of it won't come as a surprise. I was on the drill team and snap and pop are not part of a kid's breakfast for me.
I am still gettting all the paperwork together...

Dave Shutter

Yes: the NROTC will definitely help, especially with marching which will consume lots of time the first several weeks. Penn State huh...I went to Temple and am actually working at the Phill'y Officer Programs station right now.

psu_midn

Mr. Shutter,

Actually I am working in Philly on my internship during my last full semester, I live out in King of Prussia. In State College during the summer , my recruiter is LT Johnson. Small world..

Temple....I won't hold that against you!

GO NAVY!!

Dave Shutter

Hoo-rah to your football team, god knows ours sucks but our B-ball team is a regular in the final four most years.

I don't know Mr. Johnson off the top of my head, but there are a a lot of new guys there. I ran into my old guy at district the other day when I went up there to check in. He was amazed that I'm an Ensign and even more shocked that I got pilot. Drop me an e-mail and let me know how your app. is coming along. dlshutter2002@yahoo.com

Do you know anyone in the Wharton Business School; I just read an article about a group from there that took a little trip to Marine OCS for "leadership development"

psu_midn

Dave,

First off, I am offeneded that you confused U Penn, with Penn State, which is where I go. That is high treason for some football fans!
Anyway I am rotting in my office on Market Street as an accountant. I can't wait to get back on campus in May to do the PRT and MEPS.
Other than that, I found out that my docs want to remove my gall-bladder. I am hoping that it does not mess with anything.
Question: I am looking at SNFO now just because I do not have all the info for vision requirements for SNA. I have a slight astigmatism in my left eye, but not sure if that will jive for SNA. I have done the MEPS thing for ROTC, but that was two years ago. Any input?

(How long are you stashed for?)

Dave Shutter

Gall bladder...YIKES, and I complained about loosing my wisdom teeth! I don't know all the reg's for the different eye conditions, like astigmitism, but I do know if you have 20/40 correctable or better you can make pilot. For example I had a roomate in OCS who had an optic pit, a hollow nerve filled with fluid going into the back of his eye. His vision was okay, he didn't need glasses and was technically within limits but it left him with some depth perception problems and the condition was an instant NPQ so check. I'll be stashed for about 3 more weeks. What Recruitng office are you working out of? There's no LT. Johnson where I'm at.

Status
Not open for further replies.