• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NSI 18Feb07

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer
I actually class up in May. Since you class up so early, would you report to school in the Summer, or do you wait until the Fall?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
FYI, I didn't get mine until January for a report date in Feb.

NavyCommsET

The other guy to get picked up from my is sked to attend BOOST. I am supposed to grad from NSI on 20 April and start school in the summer semester.

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer
Oh ok. I really hate that I have to class up in May, because that leaves me with a school start time in Fall. Since I have to start school in the Fall, I have to wait forever and a day to get my acceptance letter and degree plan to send off to STA-21. The main school I'm trying to attend says I won't get it until after the deadline, which means I will have to write a letter asking to switch schools before I start.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Oh ok. I really hate that I have to class up in May, because that leaves me with a school start time in Fall. Since I have to start school in the Fall, I have to wait forever and a day to get my acceptance letter and degree plan to send off to STA-21. The main school I'm trying to attend says I won't get it until after the deadline, which means I will have to write a letter asking to switch schools before I start.

Have you called admissions? If that doesn't work, try contacting a state congressman and see if they would be willing to pull some strings for a service member. Wisconsin said I wouldn't get a letter until March. However, I called a state congressman and two days later I got a call from admissions stating I was accepted, and the letter was in the mail. Don't take no for an answer :D

NavyCommsET

Tennessee State processed my application and admitted me within a week. New Mexico did take some time, but I called admissions and explained my situation and deadline. The did what they could to rush it, and I also asked them to fax me an advanced copy of the admissions letter. Another route to look into is calling the NROTC department and ask them if they can help. Usually one of them knows someone in admissions, and usually they can help to get the ball rolling. Exhaust all avenues!

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer
I appreciate all of your advice. I will definitely be looking into trying to contact someone to get a rush. I tried to call the NROTC, and they told me the same thing admissions told me. My original school has already re-admitted me, so I should get my acceptance letter and signed degree plan from Michigan in a few weeks. As for Texas, tey told me to write a letter to the admissions board explaining my situation, which is what I'm doing. The NROTC sponsor said, however, that the majority of its OCs had to submit other schools and then write a letter changing #1 schools. I'll get past this. Once again, thank you both for your advice.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
SUNY Maritime has guaranteed acceptance for STA21. Just call them, and they'll mail you an acceptance letter. The formalities (the actual application) can occur much later.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
To put in a plug for Columbia College, the application process is expidited for OCs. They have also been very generous with scholarships to the tune of $2,000.00 every semester actually being put in my pocket after tuition is paid for. :)

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
Three years ago now when I was in your boat U of Idaho was very generous to me. Application was required but acceptance was basically automatic and they offered me a sholarship too. And at the time all the CO talked about in his welcome letter was the great skiing, etc, and how proud he was of the bucks his middies had bagged. Also, I believe their crosstown Washington State has automatic acceptance.

There were also alot of South Carolina and Old Dominion folks at NSI...