• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NSI 20May07

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
Anyone else out there reporting to NSI in may? Just curious to see who's going to be in the class, and if anyone else had the same trouble getting orders that I know I did.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
You think you had trouble getting orders? I got my orders 8 days before I had to report to BOOST. I was also stationed at Whidbey... :sleep_125

EM1

I still don't have mine, and the civilian at the placement office told me when I complained that their number one priority was the guy in Japan that had orders to report Feb 18. That poor kid had orders on the 22nd. I don't know what the problem is, especially since this year they didn't pick up that many people. Certainly not the numbers they had to deal with in 02 and 03. Why it's impossible to send a physical to two places and request orders in a month or so is beyond me. I'm sure its no fun to have orders 8 days before boost though, especially since its a lot longer in Newport, hopefully I don't have the same problem.

pat

Just about everyone in our class had short notice on orders. I had somewhere around a week. My timecramp was to the point that I left my wife and son in Norfolk, because there was no way to move in that short period of time, and that same situation happened to more than one of us.

Best of luck!

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
yeah, I am in your class and I am in the same situation. I was told that I should see orders in about 1-2 weeks last monday so hopefully soon. I think we would have had orders a little sooner by the LT was TAD in Washington DC for a week or so and he is the only one in the office that request TAD orders. I am hoping they come soon cause I am planning on taking some leave berfore reporting. You are the only other person that I know is in my class of May.

pat

As soon as my orders showed up, I detatched... giving me a few days of leave. If it's any consolation, time off is in no short supply come college. :icon_smil Either of you guys get BOOST, or just NSI?

Loco

Im in 18FEB class

Hello, I am currently in the NSI 18FEB class and I didn't get my orders until 14FEB and my ship was on deployment in the Gulf. There was a guy here that didn't get his orders until 17FEB and didn't even check out of his command completely and still reported on 18FEB. There was a guy that didn't actually report until 25FEB but I don't know what his story but he's in another company so I haven't spoken to him. A lot of the class didnt get their orders until the last week also. So, getting orders has been a common problem
Be glad you are arriving in the May class, its very cold here right now. The food variety at the galley isn't the greatest, they serve chicken cordon bleu or some variation, stuffed cabbage or stuffed peppers as the main entree everyday. Sometimes during lunch and dinner. Oh yeah, before you report, make sure you have
a set of the Navy issued sweatshirt w/ hood and sweatpants.

I'm not sure if it will apply to your class because of the weather, but they made ALL of us buy the navy all weather coat if we didnt have it.

bring 2 sets of your working blues because it is reusable at uniform issue so you'll be saving about 150 bucks.

Chloroframs are NOT allowed. only bring leather uppers or they'll make you buy new ones.

MAke sure that you can pass that first PRT with good/low PRTs in all of the 3 categories or they'll give you a hard time for it!

If I can think of other things, i'll let you know.

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer
Anyone else out there reporting to NSI in may? Just curious to see who's going to be in the class, and if anyone else had the same trouble getting orders that I know I did.

I am in the May class. My orders were originally screwed up. There were two people with my name and they gave me the orders of the other guy. Well once I got that fixed, they gave me my orders. I've had my orders since February. Why are they taking so long for yours I wonder. I did notice, however, that the whole process was a big run around. What school are the two of you planning to attend? I'm going to the University of Oklahoma.

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer
Hello, I am currently in the NSI 18FEB class and I didn't get my orders until 14FEB and my ship was on deployment in the Gulf. There was a guy here that didn't get his orders until 17FEB and didn't even check out of his command completely and still reported on 18FEB. There was a guy that didn't actually report until 25FEB but I don't know what his story but he's in another company so I haven't spoken to him. A lot of the class didnt get their orders until the last week also. So, getting orders has been a common problem
Be glad you are arriving in the May class, its very cold here right now. The food variety at the galley isn't the greatest, they serve chicken cordon bleu or some variation, stuffed cabbage or stuffed peppers as the main entree everyday. Sometimes during lunch and dinner. Oh yeah, before you report, make sure you have
a set of the Navy issued sweatshirt w/ hood and sweatpants.

I'm not sure if it will apply to your class because of the weather, but they made ALL of us buy the navy all weather coat if we didnt have it.

bring 2 sets of your working blues because it is reusable at uniform issue so you'll be saving about 150 bucks.

Chloroframs are NOT allowed. only bring leather uppers or they'll make you buy new ones.

MAke sure that you can pass that first PRT with good/low PRTs in all of the 3 categories or they'll give you a hard time for it!

If I can think of other things, i'll let you know.

Is it true they are not doing swim quals there now? What is the PT like up there? Is it true you can have cell phones there? These are just questions that people keep asking me here at my command. Since I've been picked up, I have had tons of people trying to drop applications. Well, anything else you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

EM1

I am in the May class. My orders were originally screwed up. There were two people with my name and they gave me the orders of the other guy. Well once I got that fixed, they gave me my orders. I've had my orders since February. Why are they taking so long for yours I wonder. I did notice, however, that the whole process was a big run around. What school are the two of you planning to attend? I'm going to the University of Oklahoma.
Going to University of Kansas. I called the detailer yesterday and she told me she was waiting on a school slot to open and it would take another week to have my orders in hand. I'm less worried about it after hearing that from her. I don't know what exactly she meant, but I was relieved to hear that she at least had the orders request from CNET, which is the only point I figured the chain would break down. So next week it looks like, still get to take house hunting leave though, and that was all I ever wanted to do. I am wondering the same stuff about NSI BTW. The way I understand it, a few things have changed over the last few years, so most of my sources have outdated info. :)

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer
Going to University of Kansas. I called the detailer yesterday and she told me she was waiting on a school slot to open and it would take another week to have my orders in hand. I'm less worried about it after hearing that from her. I don't know what exactly she meant, but I was relieved to hear that she at least had the orders request from CNET, which is the only point I figured the chain would break down. So next week it looks like, still get to take house hunting leave though, and that was all I ever wanted to do. I am wondering the same stuff about NSI BTW. The way I understand it, a few things have changed over the last few years, so most of my sources have outdated info. :)

Oh ok. Well I hope you find out soon. Yeah a PS3 from my command is in the Feb class as well, and she sent an email talking about her first month. She told me that they don't do swim quals, it was like 12 degrees below zero when she got there, and she also told me that all of the new uniforms (utilities) that the website told us to buy were just thrown away basically. I sent her another email asking other questions, but she hasn't responded as of yet. She said they don't get to use the internet very often, which was another thing I was told we could have, but we'll see what's up.

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
Yeah I have been wondering the same thing about NSI. I am going to Old Dominion University. I will let you know if I find anything out.

pat

Yeah, bring a cell phone, just have it put up for room inspections. Bring a car, if at ALL possible. No swim qual. PT = 3 days a week calisthenics, with two of those days including the 3.2 mile run. I'm the stocky, pick-up-heavy-things, run-hating type, and I made it just fine.

Honestly, it seemed like the "application process" didn't end when I got accepted. You jump through as many hoops getting orders as you did applying. Methinks there is a connection between this and the large number of alternates considered.

@ Brydown, are you at ODU now, or headed there?

Pat

Loco

haha, i think i know what PS3 you are talking about. Don't be "that guy/girl" that can't pass the PRT with Good Low in all 3 categorioes a few days after you arrive. at least come close =P

Its true, no swim qual. it would have been the same thing as in boot camp. you can use the internet after a few days, and you can use it as much as you feel like if you arent lazy after walking up a few floors to the lab. you don't need utilities or your dress blues/whites unless you plan on getting in trouble here. i checked in coming from the airport in my civilian clothes. the weather was cold but it has warmed up a bit, but we'll see how long that lasts, supposedly it doesnt warm up until june. you don't need the bathrobe either, you have to walk to the showers in your navy issued pt gear. dont bring chloroframs, they make you use the leathers.

Oh ok. Well I hope you find out soon. Yeah a PS3 from my command is in the Feb class as well, and she sent an email talking about her first month. She told me that they don't do swim quals, it was like 12 degrees below zero when she got there, and she also told me that all of the new uniforms (utilities) that the website told us to buy were just thrown away basically. I sent her another email asking other questions, but she hasn't responded as of yet. She said they don't get to use the internet very often, which was another thing I was told we could have, but we'll see what's up.