• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NSI Feb 17

future_sta21nfo

Hey, this is the Future NFO's wife. Just had a few questions/comments about NSI....

1. Anyone know the living situation? One person per room, sharing a bathroom?

2. My husband will be bringing his laptop with him. Anyone know the internet situation? He can bring a Verizon internet card from my work, but if it's supplied, all the less expense for my employer!

3. We're in Groton...and hopefully we (the kids and me) will be up to visit as much as possible. I feel very badly for those forced to be away from their wives/kids for the 8 weeks. I am a mother hen naturally, so I will be bringing some comforts of home (chilli, stew, cookies, cupcakes, cakes, etc)! If you have something that you're missing, please let my husband know and I'll do my best to help you rid your homesickness!

4. I know there is one guy from his command that was selected, and hopefully his wife will be driving up with me often to visit. If anyone needs a point of contact for a visiting family member or spouse, please let me know.

Congrats to everyone! I know we are so INCREDIBLY excited, and I'm sure everyone is feeling this same excitement!

k_smittay

Hey, this is the Future NFO's wife. Just had a few questions/comments about NSI....

2. My husband will be bringing his laptop with him. Anyone know the internet situation? He can bring a Verizon internet card from my work, but if it's supplied, all the less expense for my employer!

3. We're in Groton...and hopefully we (the kids and me) will be up to visit as much as possible. I feel very badly for those forced to be away from their wives/kids for the 8 weeks. I am a mother hen naturally, so I will be bringing some comforts of home (chilli, stew, cookies, cupcakes, cakes, etc)! If you have something that you're missing, please let my husband know and I'll do my best to help you rid your homesickness!

4. I know there is one guy from his command that was selected, and hopefully his wife will be driving up with me often to visit. If anyone needs a point of contact for a visiting family member or spouse, please let me know.

Congrats to everyone! I know we are so INCREDIBLY excited, and I'm sure everyone is feeling this same excitement!

From what I understand it is similar to boot camp. Not much free time/liberty alotted while in NSI. Hopefully you will find time though to visit your husband. My wife is going back to the west coast while I go to BOOST/NSI, it makes the logistics behind everything easier.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I will be expecting some of this home cooked chili, stew, cookies, cupcakes, cakes, etc.......

Negative shipmate! We both agreed that a diet and exercise regimen is in order! Damn, how many beers have you had in the short time since we left Hooters? :D

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
Its not nearly as bad as bootcamp. Two guys and one computer with LAN to a tiny room. Laptop with card would be helpful if he wants to do gaming or anything else you can't usually do on a Navy computer. When I went through (2004) we had off-base liberty by the 2nd weekend and during the week shortly thereafter. You did have to wear your uniform on liberty until like the last weekend (but hey you'll get free beers in boston!). Just be physically and academically ready and stay away from the Napsters!

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan

Also, you might want to checkout the BOQ for your visit; it is cheap, fairly nice and open to families.

future_sta21nfo

Its not nearly as bad as bootcamp. Two guys and one computer with LAN to a tiny room. Laptop with card would be helpful if he wants to do gaming or anything else you can't usually do on a Navy computer. When I went through (2004) we had off-base liberty by the 2nd weekend and during the week shortly thereafter. You did have to wear your uniform on liberty until like the last weekend (but hey you'll get free beers in boston!). Just be physically and academically ready and stay away from the Napsters!

This is the wife....

Just for those like me who didn't know, the NAPSter's are kids in the Naval Academy Prepatory School, getting ready to either go to the Navy or Coast Guard Academy. Thank you so much for the information...it is very helpful.

MasterBates

Mrs. FSTA21NFO, you do know you can get your own login, and be properly herded into the wives corner, right? :icon_smil