• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Number of Deployments

BRM21o

On average, how many deployments (and length) would you make as a pilot during your first commitment in the Marines or the Navy? Are the deployments pretty equal between the Navy vs. Marines? Just wondering...Thanks!

S/F

phrogpilot73

BRM21o said:
On average, how many deployments (and length) would you make as a pilot during your first commitment in the Marines or the Navy? Are the deployments pretty equal between the Navy vs. Marines? Just wondering...Thanks!

S/F
Safe bet is two. Of course, it all depends on community as well. Skid guys and $hitter guys are deploying more than that. At least for the Marine Corps.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
2 is a good bet in the Navy also. In my first sea tour, I did 2 long and 1 short deployments.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
2 six month, one 2 month and lots of dets.

r/
G

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Navy: in 5 1/2 years of a 1st sea tour, including the RAGs, I was "home" 18 months out of the 5 1/2 years. 3 cruises (one a ten-month-er) , short turn-arounds, lots of dets ... it never stopped. My daughter didn't know who I was when I came off # 2. But then, neither did my wife (now ex-) .... :)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I did two 6 month and work-ups that added up to about 3 months during my first tour.