• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NUPOC OCS Acceptance

ThePriceIsRight

How heavily do NUPOC OCS boards take into account work experience and courses taken post graduation? I studied MATHs and ECON at university and received a 2.4 GPA. I have worked in data analytics since graduating in 2021 with multiple promotions and taken on leadership and mentorship responsibilities. I have also taken 7 undergrad level classes since graduation in advance Math and physics and received A's. I have also been volunteering with the same company mentoring people on how to operate their businesses for the last 2 years. Do I stand a chance of being accepted?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
How heavily do NUPOC OCS boards take into account work experience and courses taken post graduation? I studied MATHs and ECON at university and received a 2.4 GPA. I have worked in data analytics since graduating in 2021 with multiple promotions and taken on leadership and mentorship responsibilities. I have also taken 7 undergrad level classes since graduation in advance Math and physics and received A's. I have also been volunteering with the same company mentoring people on how to operate their businesses for the last 2 years. Do I stand a chance of being accepted?

Have you talked to a recruiter yet? Were you prescreened?

I was about to say min GPA requirement is a 2.8 but it appears that has changed.

The lowest GPA I have personally seen someone be prescreened for was like a 2.95.

ThePriceIsRight

Have you talked to a recruiter yet? Were you prescreened?

I was about to say min GPA requirement is a 2.8 but it appears that has changed.

The lowest GPA I have personally seen someone be prescreened for was like a 2.95.
I have talked to an OCS recruiter, but he does not specifically recruit for NUPOC. Mid last week he said he would get me in contact with a NUPOC recruiter. I have yet to send my transcripts, but have verbal communicated my GPA and he seemed to think there might be a chance, but again he does not focus on NUPOC.

whereiswaldo

IDK where I am
I have a Mechanical Engineering degree with B's in calculus and physics, I finished with a 2.85 GPA. Even with my calc and physics grades, my nuke recruiter told me that I did not pass the prescreen due to my GPA.

It's worth reaching out though, the worst they can say is 'No'.

ThePriceIsRight

I have a Mechanical Engineering degree with B's in calculus and physics, I finished with a 2.85 GPA. Even with my calc and physics grades, my nuke recruiter told me that I did not pass the prescreen due to my GPA.

It's worth reaching out though, the worst they can say is 'No'.
How long were you out of school before applying?

whereiswaldo

IDK where I am
I got prescreened a year after I graduated and I had been working as a civilian engineer for the Navy for about 9 months.

exNavyOffRec

It is all about the grades you received in your technical classes, if you get by that screening then it is the interviews.

Like said above the lowest GPA I saw get in was around a 3.0 but all tech classes were B or above.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I have talked to an OCS recruiter, but he does not specifically recruit for NUPOC. Mid last week he said he would get me in contact with a NUPOC recruiter. I have yet to send my transcripts, but have verbal communicated my GPA and he seemed to think there might be a chance, but again he does not focus on NUPOC.

Echoing and adding what @exNavyOffRec said, in order to actually apply for NUPOC you need to be approved through an academic prescreen. That is when your transcripts and possibly SAT/ACT scores are looked at. They do not look or care about work experience, extracurriculars, etc. If they say no, that’s the end of the line.

Most regular OCS recruiters won’t even return calls or work with you with a 2.4 GPA, FYI. You might even be encouraged to enlist.