• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

O-6 interview

6strings78

hey everyone- I have a question (surprise) for the experts. I've been given two contacts by an LCDR who has been helping me with this process that are both CAPTs in Navy Intel. They've stated that they are both willing to interview me and provide a letter of recommendation after a successful interview. My question for the group is what should I expect at this interview? Should I be prepared for anything in particular? What advice do you have to be successful with these interviews?? Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Treat it like any professional interview you would have in the civilian side.

Dress to impress. Arrive to the interview early, if you're on time you're late. Be professional and answer questions clearly. Do the homework and study about the Intel community. If possible, request a bio of the Captain so you know who you're talking to. Come with questions, more times than not senior officers love fielding questions about their profession, whether it's about the pipeline, assignments, work/life balance, etc.

Gman91

Treat it like any professional interview you would have in the civilian side.

Dress to impress. Arrive to the interview early, if you're on time you're late. Be professional and answer questions clearly. Do the homework and study about the Intel community. If possible, request a bio of the Captain so you know who you're talking to. Come with questions, more times than not senior officers love fielding questions about their profession, whether it's about the pipeline, assignments, work/life balance, etc.

What would be the type of questions that most applicants get? For example, I know leadership will be stressed but what generic questions are there to practice? In addition, how many questions total should I have to ask the commander going into the interview? Especially since it is Supply, what topics can I research to create these questions? Thank you

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What would be the type of questions that most applicants get? For example, I know leadership will be stressed but what generic questions are there to practice? In addition, how many questions total should I have to ask the commander going into the interview? Especially since it is Supply, what topics can I research to create these questions? Thank you
The fact that you are already researching and thinking about interview prep and questioning means, to me at least, that you are pretty prepared for this. You and your peer group here asking these questions quite frankly seem way more informed and prepared than I was when I did my interviews for a commissioning program back in the day. Regardless. Best of luck, I would wager that you will do just fine.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
There's no set list of interviews, it's all up to the interviewer to decide. However, more times than not the questions are similar to those being asked when you've applied to a civilian job. Why do you want to be here? What do bring to the table? Where do you see yourself 5, 10, 20 years from now? Etc

6strings78

thanks all. where would be a good place to search for what one can expect to do while performing the job of an intel officer, perceived problems in the intel community or actions one could take to set themselves apart (in a good way) as an intel officer?

IntelNinja

I get to make up my own? Hmm...
thanks all. where would be a good place to search for what one can expect to do while performing the job of an intel officer, perceived problems in the intel community or actions one could take to set themselves apart (in a good way) as an intel officer?

Regarding the job of an Intel Officer: http://www.navy.com/careers/information-and-technology/intelligence.html

Regarding perceived problems/issues in the Intel Community: http://www.idcsync.org/newsletter

Renegade One

None
Regarding the job of an Intel Officer:
Strictly from a "Consumer's Perspective" (e.g., I never was one one, but I served in the company of Intel heroes…):

BZ to IntelNinja for specific gouge/vectors…good stuff.

For 6strings78: At least to begin, concern yourself more with "fitting in, being credible and making a difference". Setting yourself apart will come later…based on the first stuff.

Just a thought from the Peanut Gallery.