• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oak Harborites . . . beware

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Apparently there is a group, or at least one ass, going around burglarizing people's cars. I made the mistake of forgetting to lock my car up last night (in my own driveway no less) and woke up to go to a sim minus two floormats, a cell phone, and a gearshift.

Called the local gendarmerie to report it. When the cop showed up, he said I was number 9 of 10 from last night he was going around investigating. I guess someone was trolling around just seeing who was dumb enough or absentminded enough to leave the doors unlocked and then seeing what they could find.

Dunno if this is a one time thing from some clown trying to get drug money or something, but be aware it's happening. Driving an RX-8 with no gearshift knob is a pain . . . :icon_rage

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
That's just MEAN. Probably some stupid high school kids looking for weed money.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They stole your GEARSHIFT KNOB??
Yup. A stock RX-8 Gearshift knob. I'm now driving on the threaded rod it screws onto until the replacement gets in. At least I get new floor mats; they needed cleaning anyway. :D

Probably was just stupid HS kids, but who knows if they were just out on a one time binge of assclownery, or if they're planning to make a habit of this in the local area. So I figured I'd admit my stupidity so others may avoid the same . . . Don't forget to lock your car! You have to be right everytime. They only have to be right once. :icon_tong

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I've heard of S2000's losing their seats, but come on...a gearshift? What is this world coming to...

annaisdivine

Sorry to hear about that. :(

Sounds like they were messing with you on the gearshift knob. My apartment got burglarized seven years ago. They took all electronics and one of each shoe from several pairs of my shoes. Only one shoe from each pair. I joked with the cops about looking for a one-legged crackhead.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yup. A stock RX-8 Gearshift knob. I'm now driving on the threaded rod it screws onto until the replacement gets in. At least I get new floor mats; they needed cleaning anyway. :D

Probably was just stupid HS kids, but who knows if they were just out on a one time binge of assclownery, or if they're planning to make a habit of this in the local area. So I figured I'd admit my stupidity so others may avoid the same . . . Don't forget to lock your car! You have to be right everytime. They only have to be right once. :icon_tong

Back in '00, I had some kids bust into my Jeep and take - of all things - my navbag. I'm sure they thought it was a purse of some kind or European carry-all. I found pages from my PCL along the side of the road. Fucking savages.

Brett

MasterBates

Why do I get this mental image...

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Back in '00, I had some kids bust into my Jeep and take - of all things - my navbag. I'm sure they thought it was a purse of some kind or European carry-all. I found pages from my PCL along the side of the road. Fucking savages.

Brett

That is just hilarious.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor

Brett

Your nav bag looked like a purse?

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your nav bag looked like a purse?
Ah, ECMOs and their man-purses . . . :D

Seriously, that was my main worry. I was warmbodying a sim in less than 1/2 hour. Not that a Prowler CAT I needs much, but I can't live without my kneeboard. Luckily, all still there.

Edit: If they did snatch the PCL, I'm surprised they weren't laying in the gutter next to it, passed out asleep.

badger16

None
Try calling your cellular provider, maybe they can ping your phone and find these little bastards.

+1 to that. A buddy of mine did that when his car got broken into and they found them. I don't know if it happens very often, but it can't hurt right?

airwinger

pilot
Last year (eeriely almost to the day) my car and a few others were broken into in Anacortes, they took my CD's and rifled through my folder with insurance manual before tossing it in the woods. Had a friend lose an IPOD and a camera. Don't think they ever caught the guys.