• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OAR Score and Bio - Chances for Intel?

HMtoCaptHopeful

Hello. First time posting. I took the OAR today and got a 54. I've seen some numbers floating regarding the max score you could get for OAR (I read 67) vs ASTB (80) I don't know if that's accurate? Also I don't know if my score is competitive or if I should retake.

Aspirations:
USN Active Duty Intel Officer (1st choice) , SWO then Supply

A bit about me:
USNR - 4 years - Hospital Corpsman, do a lot of collateral duties and Funeral Honor Details
Bachelors Psych UCLA, GPA 2.9 (not my proudest moment - my dad got really sick - not an excuse but I will address it on my statement)
Getting my Masters - Homeland Security - Public Health Prep concentration at Penn State, GPA 4.0
Volunteer for Team Rubicon
Work in Emergency Management for a Power Grid - so we do cyber security, natural disaster response etc
Recommendations from an Army Colonel, Navy Captain, Navy Commanders, LCDRs and my manager and department director for my civilian job. (thinking 8 recs in all)

Any suggestions on how to make myself a better applicant? Opinions etc.

This forum was super useful to me in terms of what to expect and study guides and I wish I had found it sooner than a week before my OAR.

Thanks everyone!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello. First time posting. I took the OAR today and got a 54. I've seen some numbers floating regarding the max score you could get for OAR (I read 67) vs ASTB (80) I don't know if that's accurate? Also I don't know if my score is competitive or if I should retake.

Aspirations:
USN Active Duty Intel Officer (1st choice) , SWO then Supply

A bit about me:
USNR - 4 years - Hospital Corpsman, do a lot of collateral duties and Funeral Honor Details
Bachelors Psych UCLA, GPA 2.9 (not my proudest moment - my dad got really sick - not an excuse but I will address it on my statement)
Getting my Masters - Homeland Security - Public Health Prep concentration at Penn State, GPA 4.0
Volunteer for Team Rubicon
Work in Emergency Management for a Power Grid - so we do cyber security, natural disaster response etc
Recommendations from an Army Colonel, Navy Captain, Navy Commanders, LCDRs and my manager and department director for my civilian job. (thinking 8 recs in all)

Any suggestions on how to make myself a better applicant? Opinions etc.

This forum was super useful to me in terms of what to expect and study guides and I wish I had found it sooner than a week before my OAR.

Thanks everyone!

There's an entire thread already generated for folks to post stays and get input...