• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Obama assassination attempt foiled

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
"But it is his skin colour that has added to concerns in a country that has more than 200 million legally held firearms and 30,000 gun deaths each year."

What the hell? How does this play into the story considering that at least one of these weapons were stolen?

WRT the actual story, pretty scary, and what a lot of Obama supporters are (rightly so after reading this story) afraid will happen to him in the next few months. Agree with his politics or not, I think everyone can agree if he is assassinated the nation risks ripping itself apart, a la 1968

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Hey, you people, are just like us."

VulcanRider

pilot
And this is why the rest of the nation should have upside down methamphetamine bill boards like Pensacola.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
WRT the actual story, pretty scary, and what a lot of Obama supporters are (rightly so after reading this story) afraid will happen to him in the next few months. Agree with his politics or not, I think everyone can agree if he is assassinated the nation risks ripping itself apart, a la 1968
I think we have a long way to go (thankfully) before we are anywhere near the late 60s. We are not sustaining NEAR the casualties we did in Vietnam, there is no draft, and racism has been largely extinguished except for a small core of sickos. Face it. EVERYONE would be outraged if that were to happen, and rightfully so.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
it's pretty obvious, more gun control would have stopped this from happening.

for those that didn't get it... insert sarcasm.

snake020

Contributor
If memory serves correct, the article is all wrong; it wasn't the FBI but CTU that thwarted the assassination plot of the senator vying to become the first black president.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
it's pretty obvious, more gun control would have stopped this from happening.

for those that didn't get it... insert sarcasm.

Yea buddy. Not to mention that if you take away all of those "high velocity" Ruger "sniper rifles" there are gonna be a lot of pissed off deer hunters.

Redux

Oh ya, racism is dead and gone in this country....:rolleyes:

Does it exist, you betcha on several sides of the fence. Is it like it was in 1964? Nope, not even close, I remember Jim Crow as a kid and questioned it back then, confusing at best. Unfortunately there are some of every garden variety that won't let it go for fun and profit. The David Dukes and Louie Farakooks of the world just for example.

Rubiks06

pilot
Anyone else find it hard to believe that a doped our redneck is going to make a cold-bore 750 yard shot? I realize this isnt the point and just the thought is pretty crappy. Im just thinking plausibility here? Security is usually pretty high at these things no?