• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oceana airshow and VF-32 reunion

Jakapr

A few of us from the last cruise with the Phantoms and the first cruise with the Tomcats are getting together for the airshow at Oceana. The Phantom cruise was in 73 on the Kennedy with the F-4B's and 75 on the Kennedy with the first Tomcats on the east coast.

The last Tomcat squadron at Oceana right now is our old squadron and I saw they painted up one of the Tomcats in our old Squadron markings for the airshow. Its close but to bright of yellow. Ours were gold on the tail, and the series was 200, but it has VF-32 on it.

The last time I was at Oceana the flight line was full of Phantoms. It will be different seeing Hornets all over the place.

Here are a few sites we set up to find out who in our old squadron will show up. And hopefully we will run into more from the old squadron there.

Jack
X-Phantom Phixer
X-Tomcat Tweaker

VF-32 site VF-32 site
VF-32 site

Jakapr

reunion

It looks like there will be quite a few X VF-32 personnel making it to the Oceana airshow. We have been emailing back and forth and getting rooms and an area for us at the airshow. Its surprising that quite a few from the original Tomcat squadron are going to show up. We should have some interesting stories to spread around.

Here is a site set up by Ken Walling that has a list of some of the guys that will show up and a list of events set up for us. Ken did a great job of setting up the site and getting things coordinated for the reunion. Not bad for an AMH
http://www.vf32.info/

on the Flight deck of the Kennedy, 75 cruise. first Med cruise for the Tomcat. Reason for the killer? It shot down the Bomarc while in Florida. The Bomarc was traveling mach 2.8 at 72,000 ft, our Tomcat was at 41,00 ft at 1.2 mach. If I remember right it was LtCdr Andrews flying and LtJg Kraay NFO. I almost put RIO but when we transitioned to the Tomcat from the Phantom the RIO's didn't want to be called that because it was a Phantom thing.

Also if I remember right, someone left the wing sweep on when it was jacked up to check the landing gear in the hangar bay. A big gouge on one of the A-7's. And while being moved on the flight deck it was backed into another A-7. Another gouge in an A-7. Little to no damage to our Tomcat. This and more pic's can be seen on another site we set up (AE-s) to put all our cruise pictures together.
http://www.geocities.com/vf32ae2too
10.jpg

Jack
X-Phantom Phixer
X-Tomcat Tweaker