• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oceana Airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Anyone going to the Airshow in VA Beach this weekend? I may be taking a 45C up to the area.

Phantom Hawk

Yea Im gonna be there Sunday. Its usually a really good air show, ive been quite a few times in the past. The Blue Angels cant make it this year though which is a shame so we'll see how it goes.

Lonestar155

is good to go
How come many of the air shows are not going to feature the Blue Angels? They are not comming to San Francisco, so instead there having the Canadian Snowbirds as the main attraction this year. Thats BS to me....

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
The Blues, last I heard, are sticking around p-cola until things are cleaned up a little more. Not sure if this is so they can take care of their own homes and families or what, but I guess they're not planning on shows for a couple weeks.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Patmack18 said:
Because most of the team members lost houses, cars, belongings etc in the Hurricane... not to mention all the damage to Pensacola NAS. Taking care of their families/homes is more important right now.

The Blues were already scheduled to perform in Hawaii during San Francisco's Fleet Week so I don't think that has anything to do with it. Although, I'm going to the Salinas Air Show [about an hour and a half from SF] on the 3rd, and the Blues are scheduled to perform there. I hope that hasn't changed.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
is the Miramar air show still planned for the blues?? thats on the 15-17th of October.

The Miramar website still says they are scheduled.

I completely understand if they cancel. You guys in florida havnt been able to catch a break.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Hopefully the Blues will be flying during the Miramar airshow. I have plans to fly down there and check out the show for the first time. I heard the Miramar show is one of the best.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Went to the air show this past weekend and it was great. Saw the F-14 and 18 demo teams. With no angels they were pretty much the stars of the show. Also saw the super hornet for first time in action real good bird but still not as loud as the 14! Great show overall even thou the blues weren't there. But everyone down there was in our thoughts and prayers.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Thats one this ill miss about the F-14. The force and sound those birds put out would just leave me in aw. I recall one fleet week, the carrier launched two 18's and two 14's off the ship, but the sound the hornet put out was just no comparison to the tomcat.

Fred

I have to disagree about the Super Hornet not being as loud as the Tomcat. It sounded at least as loud to me and the noise impact studies done by the Navy show it to be louder in some regimes of flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.