• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 30SEP 2024 IWC Board

SurfaceKnight

My package will be at the September 30th CW/CWE/IP/MCWO/OCEANO & SWO-IWC Option board. Anyone else planning to apply to this one? Fleet application due date is 16Aug and NRC due date is 30Aug.

Gdud35

My package will be at the September 30th CW/CWE/IP/MCWO/OCEANO & SWO-IWC Option board. Anyone else planning to apply to this one? Fleet application due date is 16Aug and NRC due date is 30Aug.
For the IWC Board -
So is it no longer due: Aug 12 / meet: Sept 16?

Is the spreadsheet online no longer relevant then?

molkshake

For the IWC Board -
So is it no longer due: Aug 12 / meet: Sept 16?

Is the spreadsheet online no longer relevant then?
Which spreadsheet are you talking about? Also, my recruiter told me the due date is Aug 12 / the board convenes mid-September as well so I assume that's still on.

Gdud35

Which spreadsheet are you talking about? Also, my recruiter told me the due date is Aug 12 / the board convenes mid-September as well so I assume that's still on.
There’s a spreadsheet online when you google “navy ocs board dates” but it looks like that one is for reserve components only since it has “NRC” on it. So I am unsure where to find the active duty spreadsheet other than asking the recruiter.

Gdud35

Few questions:
1. I read on here somewhere that the board tends to respond back 2-10 weeks after their meet date. Does this seem to be accurate?

2. Anyone here put in their packet 2 or more times ? (If so, does the board consider you anymore each time you put in your packet or is it all the same)

3. Are prior service from the outside in a different pool than civilian & active or is the pool all the same?

4. Anyone heard of someone ever getting picked up for anything in IWC with an undergrad below the average & or needed a waiver for their GPA?

5. Are there anymore or less slots than summer and winter? (I ask since summer and winter are when most graduations take place)

exNavyOffRec

Few questions:
1. I read on here somewhere that the board tends to respond back 2-10 weeks after their meet date. Does this seem to be accurate?

2. Anyone here put in their packet 2 or more times ? (If so, does the board consider you anymore each time you put in your packet or is it all the same)

3. Are prior service from the outside in a different pool than civilian & active or is the pool all the same?

4. Anyone heard of someone ever getting picked up for anything in IWC with an undergrad below the average & or needed a waiver for their GPA?

5. Are there anymore or less slots than summer and winter? (I ask since summer and winter are when most graduations take place)
1. yes
2. you are compared against those who are also applying for that board, you get no extra consideration if you keep applying.
3. all applicants compete for the same available spots.
4. it has happened but having a waiver decreases your chances, a GPA waiver decreases them even more.
5. no the spots available are averaged out over the scheduled boards, as goals are updated year to year the average is updated. They always over-select compared to spots they need to ship, so they are always ahead of the game.

molkshake

what's the difference between the Fleet and NRC application due date? I assume it's active vs. reserve but I'm not sure

I'm pretty sure fleet is basically active duty applicants, whereas NRC are street.

I was surprised to see the fleet due date for this board next week. Considering the board for next week (1 of 3) probably won't have results out until early September, but fleet packages for this board are due next week. I'm not even sure if we can apply for this board since we won't know if we made it or not on next weeks board.

exNavyOffRec

what's the difference between the Fleet and NRC application due date? I assume it's active vs. reserve but I'm not sure
Fleet would be those who are AD USN, and probably those who are reservist, most likely anyone that needs to submit via a CCC would be considered "Fleet".
I'm pretty sure fleet is basically active duty applicants, whereas NRC are street.

I was surprised to see the fleet due date for this board next week. Considering the board for next week (1 of 3) probably won't have results out until early September, but fleet packages for this board are due next week. I'm not even sure if we can apply for this board since we won't know if we made it or not on next weeks board.
If a person is given a "N" there is supposed to be a 6 month wait between applications for the same designator unless there is a significant change in the application such as new OAR, or additional college classes completed.