• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Arrival Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gened

While at the recruiter's office yesterday for my final pre-ocs PRT, the secretary said it would be a good idea to get a hotel Saturday night instead of checking in so the "fun" wouldn't start until Sunday morning.

I thought I read previous posts about checking in Saturday and just getting a room in the BEQ and checking in Sunday morning whenever one wished?

I have a 550 mile drive Saturday from home to OCS and I don't want to end up cleaning something (or worse) on Saturday night when I get there.

Anyone check in on Saturday lately and not have the yelling start until Sunday? I'm looking for suggestions on nearby motels if not. I don't want something really cheap & dumpy because I figure it will be the last night of freedom I have until 13+ weeks later, and I'll get the economy room Sunday night (understatement?). I also don't want to park my car in a bad area of town.

3 weeks & 2 days until August 17th!

Thanks,

Gene

Paul Burke

If you get here on Saturday, or even Friday for that matter, all you have to do is go to BLDG 633, get your orders stamped and then head over to the BEQ. The people at BLDG 633 can tell you exactly where to go. You can stay on base in the transient suites and pay $17 a night, one night of which can be reimbursed to you. It's very safe and clean and furnished very well.

meb6385

Anyone know where the best place to stay the night before reporting to OCS is? Is it better to stay in a hotel or is there somewhere on base? And what about getting reservations?
Mike

wilsonator

stay at the BEQ they won't actually start messing with you until sunday morning when you check in for OCS. I can't stress enough that you should not check in for OCS until 10:59 am do yourself a favor because you're just going to get yelled at for longer amount of time

Status
Not open for further replies.