• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS during the summer when my college runs on a trimester?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

candylandisreal

Ok guys...how is that supposed to work? I talked to a recruiter today and he said there's no problem with going to OCS because they deal with trimesters/semesters and the like...

...but my school's schedule says that we only get 2-3 weeks off for summer?!??!

is there a way i could do OCS because if I don't i'm going to be so so so so so so so unbelievably disappointed.

please reply and thanks in advance

sarah

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
If you only get 2-3 weeks off for summer, then I would assume that you'd have to wait and do OCC after you graduate. Hey, maybe your college could consider OCS as an abroad program! :D

candylandisreal

Allright. I am truly sad right now. Really, I can't believe it...I'm gonna go to the recruiting office tomorrow and pray and pray that you are wrong. :-D

But thanks anyways

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
You shouldn't be sad. You can still go to OCS after you graduate from college, that is, if you can't get out for the summer. Your OSO will have the best answer for this, though.

trongod46

pilot
definately and try and go plc, it is less difficult to get selected for many reasons, occ(seniors) is a more difficult selection process and space for numbers of applicants is smaller, so miss some school and go during the summer.!@

candylandisreal

well I was looking at my college handbook and they said that they give Military Training Credit:

"The Institute accepts the recommendations of the American Council on Education (ACE) for general education baccalaureate credit in evaluating and accepting credit for military training.

Generally, military training is career specific and thus not applicable to our general education or business course requirements. Photographic/filmmakin gtraining is evaluated through our Advanced Standing procedures".

..so, I really have no clue what that means...I'm guessing I'm allowed to do my training during the summer (and miss a few weeks) and still get credit for my classes?

any ideas?

thanks, sarah

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Talk to your OSO, then talk to your school. I don't think there is anyone here that is fully qualified to answer your question the right way. Just remember, when it comes to questions about the application process, your OSO will have all the right answers.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
candylandisreal said:
well I was looking at my college handbook and they said that they give Military Training Credit:

"The Institute accepts the recommendations of the American Council on Education (ACE) for general education baccalaureate credit in evaluating and accepting credit for military training.

Generally, military training is career specific and thus not applicable to our general education or business course requirements. Photographic/filmmakin gtraining is evaluated through our Advanced Standing procedures".

..so, I really have no clue what that means...I'm guessing I'm allowed to do my training during the summer (and miss a few weeks) and still get credit for my classes?

any ideas?

thanks, sarah

This quote pertains to giving credit to enlisted military personnel for basic training and technical school. You may be able to get a couple credit hours for doing OCS, but this doesn't have anything to do with excusing you from class to go to OCS.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
That's very odd that you only have 2-3 weeks off in the summer. I had friends that went to schools on tri-mester, and a typical tri-mester is 10 weeks. Such as September - November (then they get december completely off), January - Mid March (Spring break serves as the tri-mester break) End of march - Mid June.

Judging by your post, it sounds like you haven't gone through a summer enrolled at your school, so I would recheck to make sure that the 2-3 week break isn't a break from the Spring tri-mester to an optional summer session. I don't know of any college that requires students to attend during the summer.

If your school really runs on that schedule, well, I guess I learned something new today :)

Shadow9660

I agree, what is your school's name again? I went to University of California Riverside, which worked on a trimester system, and was universal throughout the state. 10 week semesters (fall, winter spring), with a LONG summer break...e.g. 2 and a half months. Still, 2 weeks for a summer break doesn't right at all unless your in Japan or in U.S. elementary school on the "track" system...I'd say double check that, but like the others said, you can always do OCC when you graduate (like me! hopefully...188 class, fingers crossed) just my .02 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.