• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Expiration Date

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
Looks like my graduation date (from college) is getting pushed back. Understandingly, my OSO's about as happy about this as I am, but I'm hearing talk of having to return to OCS if I don't commission within two years of when I graduated Seniors. Anybody know of this happening to anyone? Am I destined to be the Old Man of the Candidate Corps?

Tell you what, lit a fire under my butt to study that much harder...

Cordespc

None
Contributor
No, I have never heard of anyone completing OCS, and having to return because of graduation being pushed back. I do know of someone who went to OCS in 2001, and got commissioned in 2005, but that took some work.

When in doubt, familiarize yourself with the Marine Corps Order (MCO P1100.73, I believe)

Paul

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
You can only change the fiscal year of your commissioning once. Fiscal Years (FY) go from 01 October to 30 September. For example, if you were originally going to commission May 2007 and now look at graduating by May 2008. You have until 30 September 2008 before you will be dropped from the program and have to start from the beginning. I hope that helps.