• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Instructor KIA

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
One of the history instructors at OCS was killed in action last week. One of the best instructors there in the classroom. He would always dress up in old USMC uniforms of the era that he was about to teach. Good man...RIP

Capt Todd Siebert was killed in action while conducting combat operations against anti-Iraqi forces in the Al Anbar Province. Capt Siebert was the left rear passenger of a M1114 high mobility multipurpose wheeled vehicle with level I armor when it was struck by an unidentified explosive projectile. Capt. Siebert was pronounced dead at [1:30 p.m.] on Feb. 16, 2007.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07051/763428-54.stm

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Didn't he also bring in the vintage rifles from the era we were studying? He was one of the best instructors, he kept you awake and interested in the class. God Bless His Soul

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Yeah I remember him bringing in all of the rifles, that was one of the coolest parts of our classes at OCS. I remember he was dressed down like one of the infantryment at Iwo Jima. He was an excellent instructor and Marine Officer... OCS won't be the same without him. Prayers for his family. S/F

MasterHaynes86

I vaguely remember who taught the classes in 1st Incr 2005, but I do remember staying awake during the M-16A2 Service Rifle class and most of the histories... Well, staying actively awake

Either way
RIP
Semper Fi

Slammer2

Contributor
Yeah I remember him bringing in all of the rifles, that was one of the coolest parts of our classes at OCS. I remember he was dressed down like one of the infantryment at Iwo Jima. He was an excellent instructor and Marine Officer... OCS won't be the same without him. Prayers for his family. S/F

It was cool going down to look at those during the piss break

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
he fired the M1 in class when I had him. I was sitting in the second row and my ears rang for a good 5 minutes after that....good times

Slammer2

Contributor
Yeah. He came running in from the side of the room screaming and firing the weapon. Woke me the hell up. Very motivation instructor.

Slammer2

Contributor
Holy smokes. What exactly happened there?:D

He would put everything that he had into his classes. Normally, each class would start with the typical Co 1stSgt reporting in to the instructor and all that stuff. It would be very cut and dry and routine. Then you had Capt. Seibert come running in on this bayonette charge firing off blanks and screaming while wearing vintage USMC uniforms from the era he was about to teach. I think every single one of us nasty candidates were sitting there with grins on our faces. :D