• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwm522

Does anyone know where I could find journals of people who have been through OCS to try and understand what they go through on a day to day basis. I am currently applying for a flight slot and have never had any military background.
Thanks for responses!

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It sucks, people yell at you, you sit through endless classes, and you do a lot of PT.

Any journal would only center around that, but use a lot more words getting there.
:)

SemperFitz

Expert in Nameology
Squeeze is right, anymore writing that that is overkill, and you miss out on all the fun novelty of the situation!

HueyHornet75

pilot
i think it would be a lot of fun to type up the letters i wrote to my fiancee' while i was in OCS. it's the closest thing to a journal you can get, i guess. just read the thread on ocs quotes and run alot. you'll be ready. ha ha

Crowbar

None
Days 1-3) Utter chaos
Days 4...) Controlled chaos

I never had time to write anything other than letters to my wife. And usually I fell asleep halfway through those.

lairdja

kwm522,

Here is a good jouranal for ya,
http://www.geocities.com/frogggystyle/hobbies/ocs.html
Check it out....

stevew

That's for Navy OCS I think he is looking for a Marine OCS journal.

kmw, there is a book, One of Us that goes through what OCS and TBS is like, It's a little pricey but you might find it worth your while. There is a thread here on it somewhere just do a search.

troycal

One of Us is a great book. I wouldn't spend 50 bucks for it though. If anyone is looking for it a little less pricey try the local library. I am in Michigan and my library did an inter-library loan. In two weeks I borrowed a copy from Kansas City MO. I thought that was pretty amazing.

I think it might help you out in what you are looking for kwm522

Status
Not open for further replies.